Tech Lead - Business Systems
Every month half a million new reviews are posted on Trustpilot for one of the thousands of businesses on our review community. It’s no exaggeration to say that we’re growing at lightning speed. Every single day Trustpilot helps consumers choose with confidence while enabling companies to grow their business. Behind our global success is a passionate, international team working in a fast-paced, fun, vibrant environment. Does this sound like your kind of workplace?
To support the rapid growth of Trustpilot, we’re looking for a talented Tech Lead to join our agile Business Systems team in Copenhagen.
As our new Tech Lead, you’ll be responsible for guiding the agile team, working on various cross-organizational projects, covering our Subscription Process from sales to product delivery, Accounting, Finance, HR, Legal and similar operational business areas. You’ll do this by closely interacting with business leaders. You and your team will play a vital role in the success of the entire business and the business teams involved. And best of all, you’ll be doing it with a fantastic bunch of people :).
- Guide the team on self organization and where needed delegate tasks to team members, to increase the technical level and to ensure the most relevant results are delivered
- Take the lead on overall architecture choices within the team in close cooperation with our Business Systems Architects and the team
- Team up with fellow Tech Leads throughout the company to ensure that we follow best practices, introduce new technologies and ways of working and keep consistency across the teams to keep Trustpilot ahead of competition
- Work very closely with your Product Manager helping to facilitate the frequent joint discovery sessions conducted to validate ways forward
- Collaborate with business project leaders throughout the organisation on needs and ideas
- Develop software to streamline and automate business processes, as well as maintain them and track results achieved
- You’re a go-to type of person, and are able to learn new technologies quickly
- Excellent project planning skills and business savvy
- Understanding of complex business processes and applications
- Strong ability to be pragmatic and getting things done
- Experience with designing scalable systems and processes
- 5+ years of experience with software development or programming experience
- 2+ years of experience with relevant business systems (CRM, Marketing Automation, Financials, BI/Analytics, Order Management, Billing Systems, etc.)
- Experience with Salesforce.com application development including Apex Classes, Controllers and Triggers, Visualforce, Force.com IDE and Web Services is a plus
- Prior experience with an object oriented language like Java or C#, and a scripting language like Python or Ruby, is a plus
- Prior experience as Tech Lead is a big advantage
You will be joining an international BusSys team consisting of 10 dedicated and passionate experts, based in Copenhagen and New York that support the organization with technology and process related skills available for business led projects. Your Copenhagen-based agile team consist of a Product Manager, two experienced developers, and you. The developers are already up-and-running on most of our platforms. The team is collaborating closely with business stakeholders, architects and analysts throughout the company.
We offer you:
- 20% time where you have the opportunity to innovate and learn new things
- Be a key part of an exciting international growth journey
- Opportunities to learn and develop your career
- Awesome talented colleagues and a social working environment with lots of fun events
Great office in central Copenhagen
- Challenging hackathons, that let our engineers show off their skills
- Foosball - we play a lot of table foosball
- Very relaxed and team-oriented atmosphere where we often organize internal presentations for team members to share some newly acquired knowledge
If you think that this role is made for you, please send in your resume and application letter in English via our website and tell us why you would be the ideal candidate.
- You will also need to complete our Code Challenge for this role and submit your solution with your application. You can find the challenge here: Follow the White Rabbit
- You are welcome to contact Anabel Morales at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Copenhagen, DK
- Date Posted:
- 13 Jan 2017
- Tech Ops
- Business Services