We’re looking for a great leader who can inspire and lead the team to new heights. A passionate person willing to coach and motivate the team and not shy to roll up their sleeves and get stuck into development of the Infrastructure Platform.
The ideal candidate will join us in building a global platform with technical excellence and people management at the core. As the DevOps Manager you will be responsible for managing a team of DevOps engineers in our UK and Berlin office, reporting to the Global Head of Infrastructure. We have a very ambitions roadmap and are looking for people who are up for the challenge to help us reach our desired destination.
Manage and support the team inline with DevOps best practices and principles
Scale, efficiency and immutability are paramount
Seek to work with business units and application owners to release features into production
Ensure DevOps infrastructure is in ready state to accept changes in a repeatable fashion
Ensure uptime SLA’s of the DevOps infrastructure are met
Accountable for technical excellence and quality of deployments into the DevOps Infrastructure
Motiviate and inspire team members
Facilitate problem solving and collaboration
Support day-to-day operations of the DevOps team
Serve as local point of contact to communicate and resolve interface and integration issues with other teams
Provide guidance to the team based on management direction
Perform performance reviews and 1:1 session with the team
- Experience leading and managing Technical Teams(DevOPs,SysOps,NOC)
- Experience deploying to AWS. EC2, VPCs, Cloudformation, RDS, Elasticache
Experience working with database technologies
Linux Administration/System Management/Automation
- Experience working with distributed and immutable architectures
- Experience with AWS architecture and best practices
Agile methodology experience (TDD/BDD/XP/Scrum)
Experience with messaging, preferably Kafka
Excellent communication skills
- Strong experience with configuration and deployment management tools e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Vagrant, etc.
- Strong familiarity with source code repositories and management tools. Git, Github.
- Experience in containerisation and schedulers, e.g. Docker, Mesos, Marathon desirable.
- Demonstrable experience in release engineering, devops and / or configuration management
- Demonstrable experience working in a continuous integration / delivery environment.
- Good experience managing and working to operational targets (SLA’s KPI’s etc)
- Experience optimizing process rather than text book definitions
- BA/BS in Business, Computer Science or equivalent experience
Extensive leadership experience
Extensive DevOps experience
- London, GB
- Date Posted:
- 17 Jan 2017
- Tech Ops