Funding Circle is the fastest growing fintech company in the UK. We bring together small businesses and investors in growing global marketplace. We are building an elegant and sustainable infrastructure that can handle the scale of a company that has lent 2.5 billion since 2009 in the UK, US, Germany, Spain and The Netherlands. Obviously the driving force behind our product is our engineering team, we are looking for someone to help us lead our engineering growth.
We are looking for an experienced manager to join our team. Reporting directly to the VP Engineering, you’ll be responsible for managing and scaling a team across a large business domain.
You’ll be responsible for managing a team of 10+ engineers with increasing responsibilities.
You’ll build, mentor, and hire a professional software engineering team as well as create the engineering structure to scale and grow with the strategy and values of the company.
- You’ll drive company and project goals, prioritize resources and ensure timely delivery; you’ll help implement effective engineering processes, technology and policies for sustained growth.
- You’ll be expected to forge deep bonds with your business counterparts, understanding their needs and sharing ownership of their outcomes.
- You’ll represent Funding Circle engineering and management at industry events, and help grow our brand within the community.
- Provide support, mentoring, and guidance to your team and help them reach their full potential.
- 5+ years experience with management responsibilities for a software development team.
- Proven experience delivering mission critical, high-value products and services.
- Familiarity with Agile Methodologies with a focus on TDD.
- Proven track record of building, leading, mentoring and developing engineering organizations.
- Experience working with open source tools would be a bonus.
- Please note - you must have proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
- London, GB
- Date Posted:
- 01 Feb 2017
- Product Management