- Super Evil Megacorp Raises $26 Million
Super Evil Megacorp, a company that is determined to shatter preconceived notions about tablet gaming, has raised $26 million in funding round led by Index. It has also announced partnerships with the Vainglory International Premier League (IPL) and Giant Interactive in China. COO of Super Evil Megacorp Kristian “EdTheShred” Segerstrale discusses the news in more detail below.
- SavingGlobal raises €20 million in Series B financing, surpasses €500 million in deposits
SavingGlobal, a financial marketplace that enables savers to access the best deposit rates across Europe, has closed €20 million Series B financing led by Palo Alto-based Ribbit Capital and Index Ventures with participation from Yuri Milner and Tom Stafford, bringing the total amount raised to €30 million.
- Flipagram Raises $70 Million, Announces Landmark Music Deals
Flipagram, the easiest way for people to create and share amazing visual stories using the photos, videos and music on their phones, today announced that it has closed a $70 million round of financing, led by Sequoia, and joined in the round by Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and Index Ventures.
- Credit Benchmark raises $20m in Series B financing
Credit Benchmark, the independent source of consensus credit risk information, today announces substantial new Series B funding and its expansion into the US. It also launches its service to contributing banks, with the first release of its consensus data.
- Tech and the city: Why innovation & entrepreneurship will power the future of cities
CITIE - new research by Nesta, Accenture and the Future Cities Catapult – tackles important questions such as what city governments can do to spark more innovation and entrepreneurship, as well as offering a framework for designing good policy and assessing the state of the art from 40 cities worldwide. To mark its publication, Index Ventures co-hosted an evening of discussion and debate at Second Home on how city governments can best support entrepreneurs, and how tech startups are transforming daily city life.
- Curbside Raises $25 Million to Expand Services
Curbside, a Bay Area-based startup reinventing the local shopping experience, announced that is has secured $25 million in Series B funding led by Sutter Hill Ventures and joined by previous investors Index Ventures, Yahoo! co-founder Jerry Yang’s AME Cloud Ventures, Qualcomm Ventures and others.
- Deciphering the Buzz Around Enterprise Security
Last week, the U.S. government announced that hackers had breached the data of over four million current and former federal employees and the Senate said it plans to take up cybersecurity legislation in the coming days. In light of the the growing spotlight on cybersecurity issues and threats, Index Ventures's Shardul Shah provides a primer on how and why security is currently at an inflection point.
- IPOs: A how-to guide for tech startups
After a decade-long drought, there has been a rush of tech IPOs in the U.S. and Europe, and Index Ventures has been able to observe this at close hand through our investments in companies like Arista Networks, Criteo, Etsy, Hortonworks, Just Eat, King and Zendesk.
- Songkick and CrowdSurge Combine to Create World's Largest Artist-to-Fan Ticketing Platform
Songkick and CrowdSurge are integrating ticketing for over 500 of the leading global touring artists with the world's most recognized concert discovery app. Combined company announces significant additional financing.
- ALKEMICS, the smart data expert for CPGs and grocery retailers, raises €5MAlkemics, the smart data expert providing online services for FMCG companies, today announced that it has closed a EUR 5 million Series A round of funding. The round was led by Index Ventures, along with Partech Ventures.
- Peoplevox raises $6M to offer state-of-the-art warehouse management software to booming e-commerce sector
Peoplevox, the leading provider of software-as-a-service warehouse management system, today announces a $6 million investment led by Index Ventures to help e-commerce companies modernise their warehouse operations. In a competitive and fast-growing market, seamless warehouse management is mission critical for all e-commerce players, with ineffective systems resulting in delayed, cancelled or wrong orders – which are damaging both to brand and customer loyalty.
- TransferWise raises $58m as it rolls out global expansion plans
Andreessen Horowitz the venture capital firm created by Netscape and Opsware founders Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz - has led a Series C $58m round in Europe’s leading financial tech start-up TransferWise. TransferWise’s existing investors, including Sir Richard Branson, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Index Ventures, IA Ventures, and Seedcamp, also participated in the round.
- Stack Exchange Raises $40 Million Series D Financing
Stack Exchange, Inc., best known for Stack Overflow, a site where millions of developers have built and curated the largest online repository of programming knowledge in the world, today announced a $40 million round of Series D funding led by Andreessen Horowitz.
- Lookout Raises $150M to Extend Its Mobile Security Platform to Large Enterprises
Lookout, the leader in mobile security, announced today that it has completed a $150 million round of financing. Building on a base of more than 50 million consumer subscribers, including millions of paying customers, the company will use these new funds to extend its reach to large enterprises through new product development and expanded go-to-market efforts.
- Funding Circle announces $65m investment to fuel international growth of marketplace lending
Funding Circle, the world’s leading online marketplace for business lending which has lent more than half a billion dollars to over 5,000 businesses, today announced it has raised $65 million in a Series D funding round led by Index Ventures with participation from existing investors, Accel Partners, Union Square Ventures and Ribbit Capital.
- Online marketplace for car repairs, Autobutler, raises €5.8m to transform the garage experience for European car-owners
London & Copenhagen - Autobutler, the leading online platform for car maintenance and servicing, has raised €5.8m in a round led by Index Ventures, to expand across Europe, with initial focus on Germany and the UK.
- Seedcamp Launches $30m Fund
Global investors from China, Russia, Europe and the Valley join forces to back ‘Seedcamp 2.0’ – a more extensive and ambitious approach to accelerating startups that will back 100 ventures over the next four years, with the aim of creating $1B businesses from across Europe.
- Credit Benchmark raises $7m to reshape the credit risk information market and increase transparency
Launches a ‘contributed data’ model to build anonymized consensus estimates in institutional credit risk. A dozen global banks already committed to supplying data. Consensus coverage extends from sovereigns, banks and large corporates to SMEs, emerging markets and funds. New York office to open later this year.
- ArtBinder, the Leading Mobile App for Galleries, Raises $3.17m for Product Innovation and Global Expansion
NEW YORK – ArtBinder, the pioneering app which enables galleries to present artworks remotely using simple, intuitive tools, today announces that it has raised a total of $3.17 million in a Series A round led by Index Ventures.
- Patreon raises $15M Series A led by Index, to enable more creators to earn a living from their art
Velazquez and van Gogh could never have created some of the world’s greatest masterpieces without patrons. I like to remind my Italian partners that the concept of patronage preceded the House of Medici by millennia! Of course, it was just a matter of time before the Internet Economy would enable anyone to participate in supporting their favorite creator. So today, we’re thrilled to lead a $15 million Series A round of funding in Patreon, the world’s first online network that connects modern-day patrons with creators of all kinds.
- Payment without borders: Why we’re backing BitPay
The number of people online and connected globally today has reached 3 billion – more than 40% of the world’s population. As that figure rises exponentially, and increasing swathes of our daily lives migrate to the Internet, the ability to transact safely, seamlessly and in confidence, across-borders, has become ever more important.
- The New Perimeter: Why We Invested in Adallom
Since SaaS emerged as a viable enterprise model over a decade ago, IT directors have lost sleep many nights worrying how to secure the ever-growing, ever-morphing, perimeter-less network known unassumingly as the 'cloud'. And that challenge is only getting more complex by the day.
- Mobile-focused brokerage for all
With technology reshaping and demystifying all aspects of financial services, from foreign exchange and insurance to asset and wealth management, Index is very excited to be part of an early stage investment in Robinhood (www.Robinhoodapp.com), an iOS (and soon, Android) app, which is transforming the way people invest in individual stocks.