- #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso, Founder and CEO of Nasty Gal
In 2002, Sophia Amoruso was hitchhiking up and down the West Coast, dumpster diving for meals and dabbling in petty thievery. Fast forward to 2014: Sophia Amoruso is the Founder and CEO of Nasty Gal, the fastest growing online fashion retailer in the country.
- Bitcoin payments pioneer BitPay raises record $30M in Series A led by Index Ventures
BitPay, the world leader in business solutions for Bitcoin digital currency, today announces a Series A funding round of $30M (€22M), led by Index Ventures, with participation from Horizons Ventures, Founders Fund, Felicis Ventures, RRE Ventures, TTV Capital, Sir Richard Branson, and AME Cloud Ventures.
- Payment without borders: Why we’re backing BitPay
The number of people online and connected globally today has reached 3 billion – more than 40% of the world’s population. As that figure rises exponentially, and increasing swathes of our daily lives migrate to the Internet, the ability to transact safely, seamlessly and in confidence, across-borders, has become ever more important.
- Europe’s largest peer-to-peer car rental service Drivy raises €6m to expand internationally
Drivy hits 250,000 users mark and 20% month-to-month growth, as people forgo buying a car to rent one from neighbours instead. Average car owner on Drivy makes €1,000 a year from a car that would otherwise sit idle.
- Pure Storage Raises $225M, Valued at Over $3B by Leading Public Market Investors
With Plans for Continued Business Acceleration, Pure Storage Raises New Capital to Meet Market Demand, Expand Global Footprint and Preserve Long-Term Independence in Pioneering the All-Flash Future for Enterprise Storage.
- King Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
LONDON and STOCKHOLM -- King Digital Entertainment plc (NYSE: KING), a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, today announced the pricing of its initial public offering of 22,200,000 of its ordinary shares at a price to the public of $22.50 per share.
- Hortonworks to Extend Leadership of Enterprise Hadoop and Expand Ecosystem with $100M Funding
Hortonworks, the leading contributor to and provider of enterprise Apache™ Hadoop®, today announced an oversubscribed $100 million funding round led by funds managed by BlackRock and Passport Capital, joined by all existing investors.