- Bitcoin payments pioneer BitPay raises record $30M in Series A led by Index Ventures
BitPay, the world leader in business solutions for Bitcoin digital currency, today announces a Series A funding round of $30M (€22M), led by Index Ventures, with participation from Horizons Ventures, Founders Fund, Felicis Ventures, RRE Ventures, TTV Capital, Sir Richard Branson, and AME Cloud Ventures.
- Payment without borders: Why we’re backing BitPay
The number of people online and connected globally today has reached 3 billion – more than 40% of the world’s population. As that figure rises exponentially, and increasing swathes of our daily lives migrate to the Internet, the ability to transact safely, seamlessly and in confidence, across-borders, has become ever more important.
- Europe’s largest peer-to-peer car rental service Drivy raises €6m to expand internationally
Drivy hits 250,000 users mark and 20% month-to-month growth, as people forgo buying a car to rent one from neighbours instead. Average car owner on Drivy makes €1,000 a year from a car that would otherwise sit idle.
- Pure Storage Raises $225M, Valued at Over $3B by Leading Public Market Investors
With Plans for Continued Business Acceleration, Pure Storage Raises New Capital to Meet Market Demand, Expand Global Footprint and Preserve Long-Term Independence in Pioneering the All-Flash Future for Enterprise Storage.
- King Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
LONDON and STOCKHOLM -- King Digital Entertainment plc (NYSE: KING), a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, today announced the pricing of its initial public offering of 22,200,000 of its ordinary shares at a price to the public of $22.50 per share.
- Hortonworks to Extend Leadership of Enterprise Hadoop and Expand Ecosystem with $100M Funding
Hortonworks, the leading contributor to and provider of enterprise Apache™ Hadoop®, today announced an oversubscribed $100 million funding round led by funds managed by BlackRock and Passport Capital, joined by all existing investors.