- Date Posted
- May. 30, 2021
- Financial Services
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we’re the payments platform of choice for the world’s brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Indirect Tax Manager
As Indirect Tax Manager you will be part of the Global Tax team in Amsterdam. You will closely work together with 6 other tax specialists: our Direct Tax manager, 2 other Indirect Tax Managers, 2 TP managers and our Tax Technology manager. You will also be in day-to-day contact with AP, AR, Business Controlling, Billing, Legal, Treasury, Underwriting, Risk, KYC, Regulatory/Compliance and Account and Sales Management. Besides the country responsibilities, Indirect Tax Managers have a global, company-wide role.
This could include being a subject matter expert on a product, such as marketplaces, FX or sales of our point of sale terminals.
What you’ll do
As an Indirect Tax Manager, you own and run the show on every VAT matter that pops up in any of the countries you manage. You will be responsible for the full end-to-end indirect tax cycle for your countries.
- Identify new tax requirements triggered by: new business development, such as setting up new offices, implementing new products and obtaining bank licenses, new legislation in your countries, such as the impact of the introduction of new indirect taxes to the digital economy outcome of internal and external controls, e.g. tax audits;
- Implement tax requirements in systems and (tax and non-tax) processes;
- Review whether the tax requirements are included correctly in the tax returns;
- Review and sign off on tax returns: tax compliance is outsourced but our indirect tax managers are the owners of the end product;
- Identify and implement improvements in the end-to-end tax compliance process. These improvements can be country specific but could also have a global reach;
- Deal with tax audits in your countries and other communications with tax authorities;
- Deal with all merchant questions;
- Intellectual tax challenges as well as operational work, i.e. implementing the outcome of indirect tax technical analysis.
Who you are
- Degree in Fiscal Law and/or Fiscal Economics;
- 4+ years of relevant, ideally in-house, indirect tax experience;
- VAT knowledge applied in an international businesses;
- Experience with indirect tax compliance (manage, review, improve process);
- Experience with tax technology (e.g. Vertex), or a desire to learn;
- Strong communicator, pragmatic and problem-solver
- Learning new things and not afraid to make mistakes;
- Taking ownership and decisions: getting things done
Experience with US sales tax compliance;