- Date Posted
- Jun. 6, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we’re the payments platform of choice for the world’s brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
What you’ll do
In this position as a Technical Support Developer you will be a part of the POS Technical Support team. Your day-to-day activities will revolve around providing our merchants with the timely, expert advice they need in order to successfully take payments in their retail locations around the world. Your challenge in this regard will be in remotely identifying, analyzing, troubleshooting and solving both hardware and software issues on a range of different devices.
You will also be closely working with our team of highly skilled C/C++ developers. Within this team there is a lot of freedom and ambition to develop cool and unique features on the device range offered by Adyen. You will be expected to develop some of these features, as well as use your coding knowledge to enhance your support related troubleshooting.
Your goal in this position will be to use your experience in development to add context, depth or suggestions into bug reports or feature requests that come up while providing support. You will also be expected to take part in the development process in order to continue growing these skills.
Who you are:
- You are innovative, have strong problem-solving capabilities and able to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly, while dealing with many varied technical support requests and challenges
- You have C and/or C++ development knowledge
- You have a willingness to learn and improve and are prepared to give and take feedback in order to achieve it
- You are capable of abstract thinking, being able to solve a puzzle that isn’t directly in front of you, separating the layers of software, hardware and internal systems
- You are a team player and foster knowledge and information sharing with others by updating documentation or reporting bugs
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience in a support function will be considered a plus
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world’s leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile and in-store channels. It is the only provider of a modern end-to-end infrastructure, connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers’ globally preferred payment methods. With offices around the world, Adyen serves nine of the 10 largest U.S. internet companies and many worldwide retailers. Customers include Facebook, Uber, L’Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, Netflix and Spotify.
Ready to meet us?
If this role looks like your next step, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!