- Date Posted
- Jan. 12, 2022
- Business Applications
We’re building a movement - an education revolution.We’re building a world where anyone, anywhere can have access to the best education regardless of where they were born. At our core, we believe education is a right, not a privilege. To that end, we’re building a company and a suite of products to lead the charge in transforming access to education. ApplyBoard is an online platform that empowers students around the world to access the best education by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions. We simplify the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process. Not only do we help students with their study abroad journey, but we also help academic institutions to find the best students globally. Our goal is to help enable better, more diverse, schools that are enriched with cultures from all over the world.The Opportunity:
ApplyBoard is looking to hire a Director of Sales, to lead the expansion of our China international recruitment business. China is a developed business with an existing team in place at ApplyBoard and represents our second strongest country. We are in search of a new leader that will continue to grow this business by expanding the existing team and maturing our market presence. This role will be accountable for directing teams of International Recruitment Managers that are tasked with forming new relationships and expanding existing business with study abroad Recruitment Partners. Responsibilities of this role will include managing the overall operations of the department , recruiting staff, developing sales leaders and creating marketing & sales plans while staying within budget. They will also submit weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance and progress reports to ensure the team’s targets are being met or exceeded.What you’ll be doing every day:
- Direct a team of sales leaders responsible for leading teams of sales professionals and driving results
- Set targets, performance plans, and rigorous objective standards for teams and sales representatives
- Develop sales strategies to acquire new partners and expand wallet share of existing partners
- Meet with sales managers one-on-one weekly to review performance, progress, and targets.
- Deliver performance reviews for each sales leader once per quarter
- Coach sales leaders and individual sales representatives one-on-one through phone work and prospecting help sessions to help them improve sales performance
- Drive and manage a scalable sales and account management process
- Ensure CRM and other technology adoption according to standards
- Drive daily, weekly and monthly activities necessary to achieve objectives and goals
- Hold regular skills training sessions with internal or external trainers
- Recruit, select, onboard, and train new sales managers and international recruitment officers
- Provide inspirational and motivational leadership to drive employee engagement and high morale
- Maintain a deep understanding of customer needs and preferences
- Project and forecast student enrollment by market
- Track sales team metrics and share them with company leadership
- Analyze sales results and develop plans to address performance gaps
- Collaborate with marketing executives to develop lead generation plans
- Monitor competition, economic indicators, and industry trends
What you bring to the table:
- 10+ years or more of experience in sales roles, ideally working with customer or partner acquisition
- 7+ years of leadership experience managing a sales team with a track record of quota achievement
- Ideal candidate will be based out of Shanghai or Beijing
- Experience with building and implementing a Go-to-Market strategy
- Having a successful track record of B2B sales
- Experience in creating and implementing administrative process documentation, designs, and other related technical materials that have made a sales team more efficient
- Experience creating and rolling out training manuals for sales and recruitment agents
- Experience in managing client escalations
- Experience managing a multi-million dollar budget
- Equipped with a strong mindset of can-do attitude, result driven, analytical, creative, customer oriented
- Effective verbal, written, presentation, negotiation and communication skills in English
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of students lives every day
- Working alongside a brilliant and globally diverse team based in Waterloo and Toronto
- Great compensation and benefits package to keep you healthy and happy!
- Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard, however, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
Life at ApplyBoard:
By joining our team, you have the opportunity to:
- Join the fastest-growing technology company in Canada, with many opportunities for growth and advancement
- Work alongside a globally diverse team of over 1,600 team members based in 18 countries, who represent over 30 nationalities and speak more than 40 languages
- Make a difference in the lives of thousands of students as they explore educational opportunities
- Want to learn more about Life at ApplyBoard, and be sure to follow us on our Life at ApplyBoard Instagram.
ApplyBoard empowers students around the world to access the best education by simplifying the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process to more than 1,500 institutions across Canada, Australia, the United States, and the United Kingdom. ApplyBoard, headquartered in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, has helped more than 200,000 students from more than 125 countries along their educational journeys since 2015.
ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte, ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50™ list in 2019 and #2 in 2020. ApplyBoard was also been named to LinkedIn’s list of Top Startups in 2020 and TechTO’s list of top Canadian Rocketship companies to accelerate your career in the Tech Industry.
In 2021, ApplyBoard announced a C$375M Series D funding on a C$4B valuation. This funding will allow us to further invest in our technology, grow our team around the world, and serve more students on our mission to educate the world. Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard. Please note that only qualified applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.