- Pittsburg, CA
- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Jun. 1, 2021
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by what Bloomberg has called a “rock star cast” of self-driving luminaries and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for an IT project manager who can manage all projects, mitigate any blockers, and ensure that all projects are completed promptly.
In this role, you will
- Partner with stakeholders to estimate work efforts; set milestones, and coordinate the completion of project tasks and releases/deployments
- Accurately define project scope, timeline, and deliverables; ask clarifying questions to ensure requirements are commonly understood and executable
- Consistently track and communicate project progress to ensure all stakeholders remain informed throughout the project life-cycle
- Effectively manage risks by proactively resolving dependencies, identifying communication gaps, and maintaining contingency plans
- Judiciously identify and map resources (including people and budget) to projects
- Respond promptly to shifts in direction, priorities, and schedules
- Demonstrate agility in accepting new ideas, approaches, and/or methods
- Keep team members informed regarding projects
- Identify all required components to achieve goals, objectives, or results
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize the right people to complete projects
- Identify barriers to objectives and remove them
- Ensure adequate resources are available to achieve objectives
- Strive to anticipate, identify and understand customers’ wants, needs, and concerns
- Effectively manage difficulties and delays to complete tasks on time
- Ability to use Jira or Confluence for project management tasks or something equivalent
Familiarity with G Suite, Jira, Smartsheets, MS Project, or equivalent
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in Pittsburgh, Mountain View, San Francisco, Bozeman, Dallas and Seattle. We also offer a competitive benefits package that supports the whole you, including:
- Competitive salary, bonus and RSU package
- Premium choices for Medical, vision, and dental
- 401k benefits
- Life and disability benefits
- 18 weeks paid leave for new parents and caregivers
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Fertility benefits through Carrot
- Working from home support
- Professional growth and mentorship opportunities through the Aurora Academy
- Wellness Platforms (Spring Health, Headspace, Aaptiv, Quit Genius)
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit.
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, military service, or physical or mental disability. You are being given the opportunity to voluntarily provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements. Your responses, or your choice not to respond, will not be associated with your specific application, nor will they be used in the selection process or in making any hiring decision.
Founded in 2017, Aurora was started by industry luminaries, and now we’re a team with a multitude of perspectives and experiences. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Model X and Autopilot programs. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. Regarded as the most experienced leadership team in the industry, these three bring decades of expertise, passion and focus to realizing our mission.