- Pasadena, CA
- Date Posted
- Sep. 6, 2021
BallerTV is a venture-backed startup building the world’s largest sports network from the ground up. In 2021, BallerTV live streamed over 300,000 youth basketball, volleyball, soccer and lacrosse games, powered by groundbreaking autonomous video capture and logistics technology. Similar to the early days of ESPN, BallerTV is rapidly expanding the spectrum of sports coverage and changing the landscape of sports broadcasting.
As a Site Reliability Engineer you will ensure the foundations of our technology stack remain robust and reliable while we scale to 1 million games and beyond, helping build BallerTV into a once-in-a-generation sports media business.
We are open to remote candidates for this role.
As a Site Reliability Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Building software and systems to manage infrastructure and customer-facing applications through automation
- Ensuring stability of, among other products, our video infrastructure as we live stream 1M+ games/year
- Working closely with product engineering to design, build, deploy and support new and existing services
- Improving service reliability and efficiency
You’ll come to BallerTV with:
- 5+ years of experience in Site Reliability, Devops or Related Role
- Prior experience as an engineer in a large-scale distributed service-oriented architecture
- Experience with Infrastructure technologies such as AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Tensorflow, etc
- Experience with Infrastructure as code (e.g. Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, Fabric, etc)
- Advanced experience with modern development environments using Ruby/Rails, Python, Java
- Developer toolchains including SCM tools, Build platforms, test frameworks, CI/ CD products
- Bonus points for large scale Video Streaming experience
- You enjoy working with others and bring a positive attitude every day
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively across business and technical teams
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Equity stock options
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Unlimited Vacation
- Immediate impact on the growth of the business
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.