- Pasadena, CA
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- BallerTV is a venture-backed startup that is building the world’s largest youth sports network from the ground up. Our mission is to connect families and communities everywhere through the unifying power of live sports. Similar to the early days of ESPN, we are building a generational business that will forever change the landscape of sports broadcasting.
- BallerTV provides livestreaming video coverage of a growing number of youth sporting events in cities all across the country every week. We must ensure the right amount of filming equipment, signage, consumables, and other assets are at every event. We use delivery service companies to ship equipment to/from different locations and sporting venues. After every event, our equipment is shipped back to our warehouses where we extract game footage, clean and quality inspect, and get the inventory right back out the door for the next events on BallerTV’s calendar. Logistics is at the core of our business.
We are currently looking for a Warehouse Lead to join our Operations and Logistics team. The Warehouse Lead (Pasadena) will be the sole person hired to oversee our small, west coast warehouse. This person will be responsible for managing equipment and inventory, checkout & packing/shipping, receiving, QA, and a variety of other tasks that are crucial to our logistics operation. This warehouse location is attached to our company headquarters and serves many of our west coast sporting events. It also operates in coordination with our larger warehouse/distribution center in Indianapolis, IN.
Our ideal candidate is reliable, organized, detail-oriented, and passionate about sports. The role will be based out of Pasadena, CA and report into BallerTV’s Director, Ops and Logistics.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Packing and unpacking, inbound inventory processing, barcode scanning, shipping and receiving
- Quality assurance checks on new and returned equipment
- Manual data entry into inventory management system internal software
- Downloading game footage off of filming devices
- Auditing and physical inventory counts
- General warehouse housekeeping, organization, layout or storage improvements
- Loading and unloading delivery vehicles
- Communicating and troubleshooting equipment issues with BallerTV Logistics team
- Occasionally transporting loads of equipment via van to/from regional sporting events
- Stocking, auditing, standardizing a network of storage units across the US
- A minimum of 3 years of related work experience in operations and logistics, a warehouse, or distribution center.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience with Fedex Shipping a plus
- Ability to manage and complete multiple assignments at the same time with great attention to detail.
- An ownership mentality and team-first positive attitude
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to think quickly on feet
- Ability to regularly stand, bend, lift, and use hands to handle packages or stand on feet for long periods of time. Ability to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds with no assistance.
- Basic level proficiency in Microsoft Excel and computer literacy for inventory tracking
- Familiarity with Apple devices such as iPhones and iPads is a plus
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to drive a cargo van and has a valid driver’s license
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or GED required
- Background check required
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Equity stock options
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k plan
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.