- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Aug. 16, 2021
We do this through our digital therapeutics: Daylight™ for worry and anxiety, and Sleepio™, for poor sleep.
These fully automated cognitive-behavioral programs are as scalable and clinically validated as drugs. Our software combines the intimacy of the human voice, engaging animation, and clinically rigorous techniques to engage people anytime and anywhere and ultimately help them overcome their mental health issues.
Today, over 12 million people worldwide have access to Big Health’s products, via leading employers in the US (including Target, Google, and Boston Medical) and the UK’s NHS.
As the Senior Executive Assistant to our CEO/Founder, Peter Hames, you will be essential to the company meeting its goals by driving increased CEO effectiveness.
This will require a sharp, experienced executive assistant who enjoys solving complex problems and is motivated by flawless execution, and who excels in behind-the-scenes supporting roles but could also serve as the face of the office of the CEO with leaders in the digital medicine space.
This is an opportunity to use your expertise to help us deliver on our meaningful mission with a leader that views your daily contributions as nothing less than heroic!
While this role will not be fully onsite in the office, it does require being onsite in our SF office (Union Square) as needed.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure the CEO’s time is aligned with his priorities through demonstrated understanding of the core business and by leveraging expert prioritization strategies.
- Expand the capacity of the CEO to be in many places at once by building relationships and trust with his key people, communicating as their proxy, and proficiently leading projects on their behalf.
- Increase bandwidth for the CEO by anticipating needs and taking ownership of planning, executing, and delegating activities, creating an extra layer of accountability.
- Maximize CEO efficiency by building out systems and processes for increased organization and unified workstreams.
- Enable the CEO to focus on the company mission through proactive engagement in and management of personal administrative responsibilities.
Skills you bring to the role:
- Prioritization and Problem Solving: your sound problem-solving approach and ability to prioritize makes you an expert at bringing order to chaos and navigating uncertainty with speed; you look around corners to solve problems before they arise, and are able to find solutions that balance the personal needs of the CEO with the needs of the business.
- Polished Excellence: you have high EQ and executive presence, and a natural ability to build and maintain relationships across all levels and functions in the organization. You tactfully negotiate complex dynamics with sensitivity and discretion, effectively manage intricate projects and partnerships, and are a precise and polished representative of both the CEO and the company as a whole.
- Judgment and Business Savvy: you are curious and spongy, constantly absorbing new information wherever you find it. Your cognitive horsepower, comprehension and recall ensure that you are knowledgeable about any matters that cross the desk of the CEO, and you can confidently make sound, informed decisions on their behalf.
- Ownership and Partnership: you’re an expert at viewing the bigger picture to help you anticipate needs and identify priorities. Because you know what needs to be done and when, you’re able to set up systems and processes that optimize teams and processes in service of a unified goal. Whether you’re prioritizing the CEO’s time or prepping the entire leadership team for an upcoming board meeting, you ensure that the details never slip through the cracks.
- Expert Communication: you effectively drive alignment and understanding across stakeholders through efficient communication that reduces ambiguity both for yourself and for others. You understand the importance of both method and timing in communication, and you skilfully adapt your style to match context and meet the unique needs of your audience.
Experience you bring to the role:
- 8+ years of experience supporting a C-level Founder
- Experience working in high-growth stage tech company of 100+ FTEs and scaling
Life at Big Health:
- Be part of a team that includes clinical psychologists, software engineers, business leaders and even a former professional magician [shh… it’s a secret].
- Surround yourself with the smartest, most enthusiastic and dedicated people you’ll ever meet, but who listen well, learn from their mistakes and when things go wrong, generously pull together to help each other out
- Check out our values - they’re a living, breathing part of our culture
- Enjoy benefits including a generous vacation policy, professional development fund, flexible working locations and more.
- Competitive salary packages including stock options.
Because we are on a mission to bring millions back to good mental health, we believe it’s essential to reflect the diversity of those we intend to serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally and experientially diverse team that leads with empathy and respect.
Additionally, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Big Health participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with Form I-9 information from all new employees to confirm that they are authorized to work in the U.S. Big Health does not use E-Verify to pre-screen applicants.