- Culver City, CA
- Date Posted
- Aug. 10, 2021
- Design & UI
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 250 cities around the world. And we’re just getting started.
Seeking a creative and motivated Industrial Designer with mid-level design experience to join the design and engineering team. The Industrial Designer will play a key role in driving the design of industry-leading micro EVs for shared and personal use.
The ideal candidate must be best in class with an ability to think and collaborate across all disciplines. Must possess a creative approach to problem-solving, positive and collaborative attitude, meticulous attention to detail, and a fine-tuned eye for design.
- Work cross functionally to provide industrial design problem-solving, concepts, CAD models and design for manufacturing.
- Create compelling new products by tapping into the end user’s needs.
- Work with design engineers directly on CAD models to configure/package engineering concepts into the most compelling products in the industry.
- Follow through with 3D CAD design and delivery for on time solutions for product development timelines.
- Deliver solid and rational ergonomics for best physical performance.
- Create stunning functional + aesthetic models/prototypes.
- Build compelling stories to communicate design direction with your design team members and the larger product development team.
- Coordinate with design team partners to meet defined requirements.
- Support marcom, product launches and presentations with applicable materials.
- Help to further refine ID workflow processes to enhance the product development process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design or equivalent from an accredited University.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience working in cross-functional product development teams (experience in the transportation space a plus).
- 2D/3D visualization skills, a refined sense of form, a working understanding of human factors, and rapid idea/concept generation skills are required.
- Stunning sketching and ideation skills.
- Ability to fabricate functional and aesthetic prototypes/models to industrial design standards.
- Strong understanding of design for manufacturing.
- Positive attitude and openness to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Exceptional with 3D CAD (Rhino, and Solidworks preferred).
- Basic mechanical product animation skills using Keyshot or Cinema 4D.
- A passion for creating beautiful visuals and renderings.
- Ability to generate concepts that are both fresh and creative. While also having the ability to work inside manufacturing constraints to take the concept to the next level.
- Fluency with Adobe Creative Suite software packages.
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritizing skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Extremely self-motivated with an eye for detail and a passion for perfection.