- Date Posted
- Dec. 13, 2021
- Engineering QA
Who is Bird
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
As an APAC test engineer, you’ll be based out of China. You will liaise with Bird US and China based teams, in addition to working directly with overseas part/vehicle suppliers and 3rd party test houses. You will directly help to ensure vehicles and components are fully validated for safe, reliable and fast product launches.
- Improve supplier test capability for rapid development cycles
- Ensure supplier testing is completed correctly, on time and with accurate results
- Assist with test plan creation and oversee/execute test plans for parts and vehicles: mechanical, electrical and environmental
- Perform root cause analysis on problems found and provide feedback to the development team and suppliers to improve designs
- Design, spec, and/or operate test equipment and infrastructure for suppliers
- Assist with data collection for team troubleshooting
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Must be able to write/speak/read both English and Mandarin
- Minimum 3-7 years of relevant experience in design verification/validation/reliability testing (title will be determined by your level of experience and what you can bring to the team)
- Multi-tasking, self-starting and high sense of urgency to complete tasks
- Hands-on experience with DAQs and various transducers: accelerometers, loadcells, etc
- Be very hands-on: can perform basic wiring, use various hand and powered tools
- Experience working with suppliers/vendors/3rd party test houses
- Experience designing with 3D CAD
- Understanding of DVP&R and DFMEA documents
- Understanding of common mechanical, environmental and electrical validation tests needed for transportation and/or consumer electronics
- Proficient with basic Microsoft office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Able to travel domestically and internationally as required
- Strong understanding of vehicle systems and their interactions
- Experience developing test rigs/fixtures is preferred
- Machine shop experience: lathe, mill, weld, drill presses, etc
- Knowledge of industry standards such as SAE, ISO, UL, and GB
- Experience with both accelerated and non-accelerated testing
- Familiarity with vehicle Controller Area Network (CAN) communication interface
- Familiarity with Vector CANoe / CANalyzer
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, childcare support, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, a wellness stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.