- United States
- Date Posted
- Sep. 15, 2021
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 250 cities around the world. And we’re just getting started.
The Manager, Talent Operations & Compliance will play a crucial role within Talent Operations owning full employee, contractor, and temporary worker compliance globally. Duties include immigration, background checks, and owning US and EMEA-specific reporting and statutory requirements. The successful candidate will be a solid, dependable administrator with an eye toward using automation and process improvement to meet constantly changing global compliance needs.
- Own Compliance across of HR in North America and EMEA, including but not limited to ensuring statutory state-specific paperwork in the US, contract management in EMEA, and all statutory requirements are met globally
- Manage and mentor more junior People Operations staff
- Own the employee mobility function, including immigration
- Manage the background check process globally
- Build processes in support of constantly changing compliance best practices (recordkeeping, routine audits, tech-enabled and automated employee life cycle compliance)
- File regulatory reporting such as EEO and respond to external compliance requests
- Manage the operational flow of engaging contractors across the organization
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to manage temporary labor vendors
- Partner in and out of Talent (Talent Operations, Technology, Talent Partnership, Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, Payroll, Legal, etc.) to assess and mitigate all labor-related risk & compliance needs
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field
- 5-8 years of experience, including:
- 5+ years of global compliance experience (MUST have CA, NY experience in the US, and NL experience in EMEA. APAC experience is a nice to have.)
- 4+ years as an HR Generalist with exposure to a wide breadth of HR subdisciplines (employment law, benefits, payroll, HRIS, engagement, retention, organizational design, recruiting)
- 3+ years people management experience
- Previous experience with vendor management (RFP, implementation, managing vendor life cycle)
- Previous experience engineering or re-engineering process workflows
- Unimpeachable integrity and judgement
- Client mentality and practical understanding of how HR operations affects employee experience
- PHR or SHRM-CP
PHR or SHRM-SCP
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, childcare support, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, a wellness stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.