- Date Posted
- Jun. 1, 2021
- Software Engineering
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 150 cities around the world. And we’re just getting started.
This role will be responsible for helping maintain, support, and troubleshoot vehicle tools for FM partners. They will work closely with manufacturing, hardware, firmware, and software teams to add the necessary support to the tools. They are expected to solve challenging real-time data transfer and synchronization issues, since real-time is an essential part of the tool. As Bird grows into a public company the end result is, to ensure that FMs have the tools necessary to fix their vehicles, furthermore to protect our intellectual property by not sending the FM expensive hardware with sensitive firmware data on it.
- Building, maintaining, and troubleshooting vehicle systems and tools
- Respond to issues operating our technology in the field
- Work closely with manufacturing, hardware, firmware, and software teams
- Work closely with operations teams and partners
- Solve challenging real-time data transfer and synchronization problems
- BS in Computer Science or other related STEM degree
- 1+ years of experience with Linux
- Experience developing multithreaded and channel communication Golang applications.
- Experience with test driven development and practices.
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms.
- Demonstrated skills in delivering high-quality code.
- Expertise in object-oriented design methodology and large -scale application development.
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We’re committed to helping our team members, and with the evolution of our company to a remote work organization due to the pandemic, their needs have changed. That’s why we offer generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, a WFH monthly stipend, a wellness allowance, and more. Plus, a new resource to help support personal and professional developments—all the goods needed to move on our mission together.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.