- Date Posted
- Jun. 28, 2021
- Business Intelligence
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading carpooling platform, created with one dream in mind: leveraging technology to fill the millions of empty seats on the road. We offer long- and short-distance carpooling as well as a bus marketplace, with the mission to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility.
Today, our community counts over 90 million travelers in 22 countries, creating a smarter, friendlier and carbon-saving transport network. Every year, our community saves 1.6 million tons of CO2e by sharing the road, equivalent to the CO2 emissions generated by Paris traffic in a year. But it doesn’t stop here – our team of 250+ engineers is developing innovative algorithms to further unlock the potential of shared travel and multiply its impact.
We’re looking for people to join our journey – people who care, who are driven by impact and innovation, and who want to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. We offer a flexible workplace where we count on each other to take initiative. So join the ride – we can’t wait to see where it takes you.
The Pro Marketplace business unit is on a mission to aggregate professional supply on BlaBlaCar in order to better address the wide range of passengers’ needs.
Our current main focus is the bus market in CEE & LATAM regions, where more than 80% of bus tickets are still sold offline. We aim to transform these markets, making them digital for customers, and technologically advanced as well as convenient for bus carriers and partners.
As part of the Pro Marketplace Strategy & Data team, you will directly contribute to the growth of the business unit by contributing to its strategy definition and delivery, as well as leading some cross-team projects.
You will work in close collaboration with the Pro marketplace local teams all over the world, and report to the Head of Strategy & Data of Pro Marketplace.
- Build an in-depth understanding of the Pro Marketplace business context and of the key levers impacting our growth (supply & demand dynamics, competition, value chain, pricing structure, regulation, etc.)
- Carry out regular analyses to identify growth levers and to support decision-making
- Share your analyses and recommendations to a wide multidisciplinary audience
- Follow the delivery of business results and support teams in reaching their targets
- Lead/support cross-team projects that will accelerate the growth of our Pro marketplace activity across the world
- Contribute to the strategy definition, forecasting & business planning along with different stakeholders
- 3-5 years of professional experience in consulting, finance, business intelligence or other relevant analytical/business position
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, think strategically and “outside the box”
- You have excellent communication skills, you’re humble, and you enjoy sharing & learning from others
- You embrace change, are able to take a step back, prioritize, and focus on added-value tasks
- You have a results-driven and impact-oriented mindset with high level of autonomy and proactivity
- Fluency in English
- Nice to have: Proficiency in data visualization tools (Tableau) and SQL
- Nice to have: Experience in project management
- Nice to have: Speaking Russian, Brazilian or Spanish
- If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer
- An international environment: over 35 nationalities across 7 countries: France, Germany, Spain, Ukraine, Russia, Brazil, Poland.
- Opportunities to learn: 360 onboarding weeks, weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn about what other teams are up to, International Weeks to mingle with other offices, regular Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about our company KPIs, ‘Fail, Learn, Succeed’ moments where we destigmatize and share moments of failure with others.
- Innovation: Coding Nights to pitch ideas outside our roadmap and make development dreams come true, weekly Product & Tech Demos and blogs to share engineering stories, access to top conferences across Europe.
- Impact: building a product that has a real impact on society and the environment, and sharing an office culture that prioritizes low-waste and eco-friendly practices.
- People-first: wind down from work at our BlaBlaShows, BlaBlaBreak retreats, weekly breakfasts and afterworks (when the sanitary conditions permit it) or meme battles on Slack.
- Shared company principles that guide us in our everyday decision-making and bring us closer to our goal. Find out more about our BlaBlaPrinciples.
Your future benefits
- Tailor-made remote policy: from 2 days per week to full remote (to be discussed with the Talent Acquisition Manager during the first call).
- A fair & competitive salary package
- Employee Stock Ownership plan
- Holidays: 10 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship to welcome you wherever you are currently based
- Parental policy (we are a signatory of the #ParentalAct)
- Trainings & career development programs
- Free carpooling & bus-rides wherever whenever
- BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.