- Date Posted
- Jun. 28, 2021
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading carpooling platform, created with one dream in mind: leveraging technology to fill the millions of empty seats on the road. We offer long- and short-distance carpooling as well as a bus marketplace, with the mission to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility.
Today, our community counts over 90 million travelers in 22 countries, creating a smarter, friendlier and carbon-saving transport network. Every year, our community saves 1.6 million tons of CO2e by sharing the road, equivalent to the CO2 emissions generated by Paris traffic in a year. But it doesn’t stop here – our team of 250+ engineers is developing innovative algorithms to further unlock the potential of shared travel and multiply its impact.
We’re looking for people to join our journey – people who care, who are driven by impact and innovation, and who want to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. We offer a flexible workplace where we count on each other to take initiative. So join the ride – we can’t wait to see where it takes you.
You will be joining the BlaBlaCar Finance team as a general accountant and you will be joining our international Finance team in Paris. You will be joining a very skilled and motivated team of people, whose mission is to structure, analyze and forecast.
Reporting to the Accounting controller, your role is to ensure the reliability and accuracy of the accounting, tax, and legal requirements for a set of entities of the business in accordance with local standards and corporate guidelines as defined by the Group.
- Performing accounting activities in a timely manner;
- Monitoring balance sheet evolution;
- Reconciling inter-company flows and review tax declarations for France;
- Preparing and entering the cut-off entries and be able to justify the accounts;
- Establishing monthly & Year-end account reporting.
- At least 3 years experience in accounting roles involved in closing/reporting, intercompany reconciliations, and tax declarations like CA/CA3 (experience in other tech businesses is a strong plus).
- You have excellent communication skills, you’re humble, and you enjoy sharing & learning from others
- You embrace change, are able to take a step back, prioritize, and focus on added-value tasks
- You have a results-driven and impact-oriented mindset
- Fluency in English
- Nice to have: fluency in Portuguese, Spanish or Russian
- If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer
- An international environment: over 35 nationalities across 7 countries: France, Germany, Spain, Ukraine, Russia, Brasil, Poland.
- Opportunities to learn: 360 onboarding weeks, weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn about what other teams are up to, International Weeks to mingle with other offices, regular Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about our company KPIs, ‘Fail, Learn, Succeed’ moments where we destigmatize and share moments of failure with others.
- Innovation: Coding Nights to pitch ideas outside our roadmap and make development dreams come true, weekly Product & Tech Demos and blogs to share engineering stories, access to top conferences across Europe.
- Impact: building a product that has a real impact on society and the environment, and sharing an office culture that prioritizes low-waste and eco-friendly practices.
- People-first: wind down from work at our BlaBlaShows, BlaBlaBreak retreats, weekly breakfasts, and afterworks (when the sanitary conditions permit it) or meme battles on Slack.
- Shared company principles that guide us in our everyday decision-making and bring us closer to our goal. Find out more about our BlaBlaPrinciples.
Your future benefits
- Tailor-made remote policy: from 2 days per week to full remote (to be discussed with the Talent Acquisition Manager during the first call).
- A fair & competitive salary package
- Holidays: 10 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship to welcome you wherever you are currently based
- Parental policy (we are a signatory of the #ParentalAct)
- Trainings & career development programs
- Free carpooling & bus-rides wherever whenever
Here’s what your hiring journey will look like
- A 30-min video-call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers to get to know you, understand your career expectations, and answer your questions
- A 60-min video-call with our Head of Financial Planning & Control with a fully remote exercise to evaluate your technical skills
- A 45-min video-call with our VP
- Usually, our hiring process lasts on average 20-25 days, and offers usually come within 48 hours.
- BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.