- Date Posted
- Jun. 28, 2021
- Product Management
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading carpooling platform, created with one dream in mind: leveraging technology to fill the millions of empty seats on the road. We offer long- and short-distance carpooling as well as a bus marketplace, with the mission to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility.
Today, our community counts over 90 million travelers in 22 countries, creating a smarter, friendlier and carbon-saving transport network. Every year, our community saves 1.6 million tons of CO2e by sharing the road, equivalent to the CO2 emissions generated by Paris traffic in a year. But it doesn’t stop here – our team of 250+ engineers is developing innovative algorithms to further unlock the potential of shared travel and multiply its impact.
We’re looking for people to join our journey – people who care, who are driven by impact and innovation, and who want to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. We offer a flexible workplace where we count on each other to take initiative. So join the ride – we can’t wait to see where it takes you.
Employee Experience and Engagement are very important for BlaBlaCar. As the Engagement & Culture Manager, you will be responsible for creating a fun, lively and unique working environment, where our culture, diversity, social responsibility and impact, are at the center.
You will be mostly focusing on designing and organizing recurring or exceptional events as well as managing the internal communications, always obsessed by employee satisfaction and well being.
You will be joining the People Team, a team whose mission is to make BlaBlaCar an amazing place to work.
- Design and manage a wide range of company events to boost team-spirit and bring to life our culture, values and principles
- Build and implement the Global Employee Engagement strategy across all our offices
- Lead or contribute to diverse cross-functional projects (remote policy, leadership strategy…)
- Plan and deliver an effective and powerful internal communications strategy
- Own the employee onboarding experience and processes
- Keep track of employee engagement KPIs and execute continuous improvement actions tailored to the needs of each team.
- Collaborate with business leaders (C-level, VPs, Heads, Managers) to promote employee engagement in their teams
- Manage all related external partners
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience managing the organization of international events of significant size and complexity
- Strong project management and data analysis skills
- Ability to communicate internally about our culture
- Organizational skills
- Ability to develop a company vision on what events and engagement initiatives should look like
- Creativity, energy and enthusiasm about change
- Ability to take initiative and be autonomous on complex projects
- Structured communication with employees and executives
- Fluency in English & French
- Nice to have: fluency in languages such as Russian, Portuguese or German
- If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer
- An international environment: over 35 nationalities across 7 countries: France, Germany, Spain, Ukraine, Russia, Brazil, Poland.
- Opportunities to learn: 360 onboarding weeks, weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn about what other teams are up to, International Weeks to mingle with other offices, regular Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about our company KPIs, ‘Fail, Learn, Succeed’ moments where we destigmatize and share moments of failure with others.
- Innovation: Coding Nights to pitch ideas outside our roadmap and make development dreams come true, weekly Product & Tech Demos and blogs to share engineering stories, access to top conferences across Europe.
- Impact: building a product that has a real impact on society and the environment, and sharing an office culture that prioritizes low-waste and eco-friendly practices.
- People-first: wind down from work at our BlaBlaShows, BlaBlaBreak retreats, weekly breakfasts and afterworks (when the sanitary conditions permit it) or meme battles on Slack.
- Shared company principles that guide us in our everyday decision-making and bring us closer to our goal. Find out more about our BlaBlaPrinciples.
Your future benefits
- Tailor-made remote policy: from 2 days per week to full remote (to be discussed with the Talent Acquisition Manager during the first call).
- A fair & competitive salary package
- Employee Stock Ownership plan
- Holidays: 10 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship to welcome you wherever you are currently based
- Parental policy (we are a signatory of the #ParentalAct)
- Trainings & career development programs
- Free carpooling & bus-rides wherever whenever
Here’s what your hiring journey will look like
- A 45-min video-call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions
- A 60-min video-call with Frederic Altenbourger our VP People
- A fully remote exercise to evaluate your technical skills
- A 60-min video-call with Cathy Jacquot our Head of Employee Engagement and Culture
- A 45-min video-call with Stéphanie Fraise our VP Global Talent Management
- Usually, our hiring process lasts on average 20-25 days and offers usually come within 48 hours.
- BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.