- Nashville, TN
- Date Posted
- Sep. 7, 2021
- Business Applications
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.3T U.S. construction industry. We strive to empower lenders, owners, builders, and vendors with innovative software, payment products & services that enable participants to manage risk, maximize productivity and collaboration to ensure better cost management as capital flows into and throughout the construction industry. Founded in 2015, Built now serves more than 140 of the top financial institutions in the US and Canada, including 35+ of the top 100 US construction lenders.
In addition to our recent $88M Series C funding, we’re proud to have been named one of Forbes’ Top 100 Startup Employers in America for 2021. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory—and we want you to be part of it.
What you’ll do:
- We are looking for a technical and strategic leader for the Built Payments Platform. This role will be responsible for the strategic plan, product roadmap, business operations, and partner relationship management of our payments. The role will be tasked with creating a secure, scalable, compliant platform for the distribution of payments throughout the construction industry.
- As the Payments Product Lead, you will guide our development teams from product definition to development, launch, and scale. The scope of your work will span client onboarding, payment flows, dynamic terms, and settlement. The Payments Platform powers all money movement in Built products; therefore, effective collaboration with stakeholders is key.
- In this role, you will champion the voice of our clients and developers to deliver a platform that meets their high expectations and ultimately helps Built grow faster.
- This position will drive a large part of the company’s overall product strategy and vision. You will be tasked with identifying the business and technology capabilities required to support the delivery of our strategy, and to develop these capabilities via partnership, acquisition, or in-house development.
- This role will help ensure a consistent customer and user experience across the product portfolio under their control while serving as an internal and external evangelist and thought leader.
- Develop, own, drive alignment, and delivery of the payments product roadmap, and communicate with executive leadership and other stakeholders
- Understand the jobs to be done for the payments platform, synthesize those needs to shape the product roadmap for a suite of platform products, and define key metrics
- Strategically assess new opportunities, provide guidance, and develop alignment around target initiatives
- Operate as a senior member of our Product Team as an individual contributor capable of growing and leading a team over time
- Foster a community of data-informed decision making
Who you are:
- You have an impressive toolbox of skills including strategy, execution, negotiation, partner management, and project management.
- Your ability to communicate internally and externally and collaborate across diverse geographies, functions and lines of business is key.
- You hold broad knowledge of the payments industry in the US and around the world.
- Your ability to synthesize payment processing industry trends and merchant and consumer value drivers into a coherent product strategy and execution roadmap is ideal.
- You are customer-oriented and driven by our purpose to serve clients and developers.
- You think strategically, focusing on the long-term, and share your vision by crafting a high-level narrative.
- You have strong data analysis capability and a proven track record of leveraging data to drive decisions.
- You provide thought leadership on organizational impact to payment solutions and infrastructure that impact tax, compliance, accounting, and customer experience.
- You have a history of successfully launching and scaling platform products with public APIs and maintaining them across multiple versions.
- You have experience in product leadership and are passionate about collaborating with stakeholders across the organization to deliver optimal outcomes.
- You have proven team management skills with the ability to manage and coach a team of product managers.
- You’re an optimist with a manageable ego who will stand up for your work when you really believe in it.
- You are deeply curious and want to understand “the why” behind all decisions.
- You are a bar raiser who is never satisfied with the status quo.
- You have 5+ years of product management experience with a technical and analytical background and a compelling track record of success.
- Your written and verbal communication skills are excellent.
- The rare opportunity to radically disrupt an industry
- Competitive benefits including Uncapped Vacation; Health, Dental & Vision Insurance; and 401k
For those in our Nashville HQ: Weekly Team Lunches and a Kitchen loaded with all the essentials to keep you productive
Our company is made up of passionate people who are driven in a variety of disciplines—and each of them bring their unique perspective to everything they do. Creating a safe and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our company and of our employees, so it’s our aim to recruit, hire and promote without bias against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. As we learn and as we grow, we’re committed to ensuring that these ideals are at the forefront of everything we do.