- Santa Clara, CA
- Date Posted
- Dec. 15, 2021
- Software Engineering
Clumio is leader in simplifying data protection in AWS
Clumio simplifies data protection in AWS. Our secure air-gapped SaaS backup solution enables organizations to achieve ransomware protection, stringent compliance requirements, backup and restore data in minutes, and gain better visibility to optimize cloud storage costs. Join Us!
Clumio’s mission is to deliver the simplest yet the most sophisticated and comprehensive data protection service for all enterprise workloads in the public cloud. Our cloud-native platform delivers delivers the most efficient, secure and easiest-to-use service to protect critical enterprise data in the public cloud.
- Clumio was founded in October 2017, headquartered in Santa Clara, CA. Over the last 4 years we created a comprehensive service for enterprise workloads running in the public cloud with a large number of customers and growing rapidly. Take a stroll through some of the Innovations and Milestones at Clumio
- Having raised $185M USD of venture capital from some of the most respected and successful investors in the industry.
- Mike Speiser (founder & investor of Snowflake, Lacework)
- Mike Volpi (at Confluent, Elastic)
We are looking for talented engineers to build true cloud-scale SaaS platform. Our team makes heavy use of AWS cloud services such as Lambda, DynamoDB, EC2, Athena, S3, Secret Manager and others. Clumio’s focus on scalability and performance serves customers’ data protection use cases at true cloud-scale with data ingestion and processing of petabytes of data.
About Data Path Team
The data path team has developed several products and technologies that include the full data pipelines for end to end backup and restore for data sources such as AWS EC2, EBS and VMware VMs, file-system-level indexing and file-level restore. Additionally the team has built platform-level technologies such as garbage collection, workflow orchestration engine, distributed work tracker and support for customer’s own encryption keys. Data pipeline work for EC2, EBS and VMs includes detecting changed data, global deduplication, customer-controlled encryption, compression, efficient data formats for network transfers and cloud persistence and fast streaming restores.
About Backend Team
The backend team has developed products and technologies that include full streaming metadata ingestion pipelines through EventBridge and various messaging technologies for data sources such as AWS and VMware, distributed workflow and concurrency management of policies, compliance, and scheduling for these data sources, and many other platform-level technologies.
The team has additionally worked on backup, restore, and indexing pipelines for data sources such as RDS and SQL, leveraged cloud-services such as EMR to implement innovative solutions for granular record retrieval from cloud-based backups, integrated with data warehouses to help customers gain visibility into cloud costs, simplified customer onboardings through the use of dynamic AWS Cloudformation templates, and spread the use of Clumio through integration with AWS Marketplace and the release of public REST APIs.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design and implement software components from the ground-up on distributed, cloud-scale SaaS platform in a microservice-based architecture.
- Solve hard problems with a security-first mindset to build high throughput, scalable data ingestion and processing pipelines.
- Bring a SaaS design philosophy and experience to the wider team. Leading the move to cloud-native infrastructure
- Collaborate with PM and cross-functional teams such as UX, UI, and QE and Customer Success to deliver and maintain features and projects in a continuous integration and deployment manner.
- Build and enhance debuggability and supportability of the services to allow Customer Success teams to deliver proactive customer experience resulting in less customer escalations for Developers.
- Bring a distributed service mindset to architecture discussions.
- Communicate and share technical ideas at all levels of the organization
Whom You Are:
- You’re Self-Motivated. You take initiative and can turn ideas into real features. You enjoy discussing scenarios, designs and their tradeoffs with your team.
- You have a Growth Mindset . You are not satisfied by the status quo and work with those around you to improve the quality of our systems, code, teamwork and engineering practices.
- You’re Experienced. 5+ years experience designing, implementing technologies in large-scale cloud services (preferably AWS, Azure or GCP)
- You’re Knowledgeable in SaaS/PaaS/IaaS offerings
- You’re a Team Player. Enjoy collaborating, learning from and teaching others . It is a plus if you are familiar with modern
- You’re Proficient in Golang or Java or modern C++
- You’re Driven to solve problems, produce quality code and to keep improving
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD degree in Engineering or Computer Science