- United States
- Date Posted
- Sep. 6, 2021
Coalition is the leading provider of cyber insurance and security, combining comprehensive insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help organizations be resilient to cyber attacks. Cyber losses cost the global economy upwards of $1.5 trillion each year, and yet the majority of businesses are under-insured and under-prepared to manage and mitigate the risks of an increasingly digital world. Coalition is addressing this gap by providing no-cost cybersecurity tools to prevent losses, security and incident response services to contain them, and comprehensive insurance to help organizations recover from failures and breaches. We serve over 42,000 customers, ranging from small and midsize businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has raised $300M from leading global technology investors, including Index Ventures, General Atlantic, Ribbit Capital, Vy Capital, Hillhouse Capital, and Valor Equity Partners, among others. Headquartered in San Francisco, Coalition’s team is global with employees based across the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, and Portugal.
About the Role
The Claims team at Coalition stands apart for our outstanding level of client service and intelligent handling of claims for our insured customers. As a team, Claims is about finding ways to help our clients solve cyber risk. As we continue to expand, we are seeking an experienced claims professional to join our cyber claims team and to lend a hand in handling complex primary Cyber, Tech, and Media policies. You will also provide support to the underwriting team and manage/collaborate with a variety of vendors namely - breach coaches, defense counsel, and coverage counsel for Coalition and its partner carriers.
- Handle the intake of cyber events, including the coordination with breach counsel, forensic investigators and other vendors
- Evaluate full pending of claims in connection with the posting and recommending accurate reserves
- Maintain accurate file documentation/information in our claims system
- Analyze liability and damage data in connection with complex claims, maintain appropriate documentation
- Analyze insurance coverage issues
- Intelligently manage and track third-party vendors and service providers work and spend
- Maintain and develop relationships with brokers, various positions within an insureds’ business including: risk managers, general counsels, and a variety of vendors
- Identify settlement opportunities to maximize impact
- Collaborate in the defense and resolution of claims
- Provide data and analytic based-informational support to underwriters
- Provide support to business development with regard to marketing
- Liaise with partner carriers on a daily basis
- 4+ years of experience handling Cyber, Tech, Media claims other MPL experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, interact with others, meet deadlines, and successfully perform in a fast-paced, changing work environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team-oriented with ability to excel in a collegial environment but work independently
Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition’s culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
- Coalition Raises $175M to Build the Future of Commercial Insurance
- Forbes.com - Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2020
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.