- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
Coalition’s mission is to solve cyber risk. We provide cyber security tools and up to $15M of insurance coverage to help businesses remain resilient in the face of pervasive and dynamic cyber and technological risks. Our cyber risk management platform encompasses insurance, threat intelligence, patch and vulnerability scanning, DDoS mitigation, ransomware protection, and more. Coalition’s team of engineers, security researchers, incident responders, and insurance personnel protect customers before, during, and after cyber incidents. Our insurance products are backed by Swiss Re, one of the world’s largest (re)insurers, Lloyds of London, and Argo Group. We are based in San Francisco, although you’ll find some of our team in more exotic places.
If you enjoy solving problems at scale (with lots riding on it) we hope you’ll consider joining us.
About the role
Risk Engineering at Coalition is about finding ways to help our clients solve cyber risk. We are looking for an experienced cyber and technology E&O underwriter to work remotely (with a preference for Eastern or Central time zones) to help us use Coalition’s best ideas and unique capabilities to profitably grow our business.
- Analytically research policyholders and risks as needed
- Eloquently manage relationships with insurance brokers to negotiate pricing, coverages and other terms
- Create new and maintain current processes for renewal business to meet our customer service standards
- Actively participate in determining our approach to emerging threats, loss trends, marketplace changes and other trends in cyber and technology risks
- Keep an avid pulse on cyber and technology marketplaces and trends in the industry
- Easily identify areas where our unique capabilities provide us with a competitive advantage and build out processes that support these
- Partner with Customer Success and Engineering teams to continually improve our technology and broker experiences
- Work alongside the Business Development team to support their goals and strengthen partnerships with brokers
- Collaborate with Security Engineers to review cyber and tech E&O accounts for risk acceptability
- Serve as a subject matter expert for team on coverage matter and endorsement drafting
- Minimum of 5-10 years of previous experience underwriting cyber and technology E&O
- Experience handling a high volume of business
- Self-motivated; entrepreneurial spirit
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal & written)
- Aptitude to learn technical concepts/terms
- Existing relationships with potential broker partners
- Technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus
- Enjoy a highly fulfilling, mission-driven culture
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) plan
- Wellness and commuter benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Open vacation days
- We embrace distributed work; some benefits will vary by location
- You are an owner! We offer stock options to each of our employees
- More details at https://www.coalitioninc.com/careers
We are all here to build something we believe in and to make a company that will last. We’re also assembling a team of expert incident responders, threat and malware researchers, and security analysts to protect our customers before, during, and after a cyber incident. Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition’s culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.