- United States
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
Coalition is the leading provider of cyber insurance and security, combining comprehensive insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help organizations be resilient to cyber attacks. Cyber losses cost the global economy upwards of $1.5 trillion each year, and yet the majority of businesses are under-insured and under-prepared to manage and mitigate the risks of an increasingly digital world. Coalition is addressing this gap by providing no-cost cybersecurity tools to prevent losses, security and incident response services to contain them, and comprehensive insurance to help organizations recover from failures and breaches. We serve over 42,000 customers, ranging from small and midsize businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has raised $300M from leading global technology investors, including Index Ventures, General Atlantic, Ribbit Capital, Vy Capital, Hillhouse Capital, and Valor Equity Partners, among others. Headquartered in San Francisco, Coalition’s team is global with employees based across the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, and Portugal.
About The Role
The Security Support Center (SSC) Lead is responsible for providing security-related technical services and support to current and prospective Coalition customers, which plays an integral part in our mission to solve cyber risk. A strong customer service mindset is critical to success in this role. In addition to providing direct technical support, this hands-on team lead will collaborate with other teams (e.g., product, sales operations, business development) to build efficient and effective processes and roll out modern enabling technology. This person will lead the SSC team, and plan and execute an efficient, technology-enabled team growth strategy.
- Leverage technical and cybersecurity expertise to deliver exceptional customer service, troubleshooting, and technical support for a variety of use-cases.
- Triage customer issues to find the optimal path for resolution
- Design, implement, and document efficient, effective processes in support of the Security Support Center (SSC) mission.
- Create and maintain SSC documentation, including customer-facing content (e.g., knowledge base articles) and team resources.
- Deploy, customize, and employ an effective ticketing system to support SSC activities.
- Coordinate balanced, predictable, support from experts on various teams to meet customer support requirements.
- Develop and report metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Identify opportunities for automation; oversee development and deployment of automation to address those opportunities.
- Oversee the SSC team growth strategy, including collaborating on job requisitions, recruitment, interviewing, and onboarding.
- Participate with planning, scoping, implementation and support for projects.
- Comfort and experience handling inbound and outbound customer calls
- Experience using and customizing support ticket management systems (e.g., Zendesk, ServiceNow).
- Experience setting and meeting service level agreements (SLAs).
- Self-motivation, independence, and demonstrated ownership of responsibilities.
- Ability to build strong relationships; a team player.
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects and remain calm under pressure.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with security frameworks and standards (e.g., NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF), NIST 800-53, CIS Security Controls, MITRE ATT&CK)
- Familiarity with email security (SPF, DKIM), remote access security (RDP, VPNs, MFA), and basic infrastructure security (e.g., OS fundamentals, patching, network architecture).
- Ability to diagnose and research causes of security issues (e.g., misconfigured DNS records, exposed insecure protocols, use of known-vulnerable software).
- Familiarity with vulnerability reporting, including CVE details, security researcher publications, and vendor security notices.
- Ability to communicate the importance of security controls to non-technical customers.
- Ability to assist and instruct customer technical staff in implementing security recommendations consistent with the customer’s environment.
Experience and Qualifications
- 5+ years of information technology or information security experience required.
- 1+ years of leadership experience required (e.g., management, team lead, mentorship).
- Customer-facing technical support experience required (e.g., IT helpdesk, SOC call center, on-call IR or DevOps/SRE team).
- Information technology or information security related certification, training, and/or formal education preferred.
- Bonus: Cyber insurance knowledge!
Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition’s culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.