- San Francisco
- New York
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Product Management
Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB, the most highly evolved cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet that scales fast, survives anything, and thrives anywhere. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database. Join us on our mission to enable every developer to build world-changing applications!
About the Role
In this strategic role, you will define our technical story, drive the delivery of key technical assets, and measure its effectiveness in our audience. You will collaborate across the business to help communicate how CockroachDB directly supports developers, operators and architects. You will help deliver reference architectures that will inspire next generation applications and help manage key benchmark activities. You’ll work with our Product, Developer Relations, Technical Staff and technical field resources to identify and deliver code samples, videos, sample applications and content that represents the value of CockroachDB to our technical audience. You will also participate in the development of our overall narrative and message and will be a key contributor to our competitive intelligence program.
The ideal candidate will have experience in pre-sales (solution engineering), developer relations, sales enablement, or technical product marketing. You should like to tinker and dream of interesting ways to communicate deep technical concepts. You should have experience building apps and services and are comfortable around databases and adjacent technologies.
You Will Own
- Content Creation: One key to adoption of a CockroachDB is helping developers “see” the database. The content you create will include demos, samples applications, “how to” recipes and code samples. You’ll also help deliver the story and the key assets that will communicate these items to the market (tech briefs, videos, blog posts, presentations, etc…).
- Key Strategic Assets: As the Distributed SQL market matures, you will produce reference architectures that will inspire the creation of full stack, breakthrough applications and publish benchmark reports that help our customers and community compare CockroachDB to others.
- Product Message & Content: You are also a key component of the Product Marketing team and will participate in our product launch process, providing insight and input into the message and narrative that will inspire and incite adoption of CockroachDB.
In your first 30 days, you will immerse yourself in our market and product, CockroachDB so you can gain proficiency in your communications. During this time, you will build relationships with various teams at Cockroach Labs. You will work closely and establish relationships with the technical staff, dev rel team, product managers, sales engineers and the remainder of the marketing team.
- 10+ years of total experience with a minimum of 3-5 years technical marketing experience
- Hands-on experience with developer tools and database technologies
- At least a basic understanding of distributed systems
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to tinker with technology
- Proven experience collaborating across multiple teams
- A unique capability to create compelling marketing communications
- Great organizational skills and excel with logistics
- Strong ability to take a project from idea to execution
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and communications skills
- BS in CS/CE or equivalent technical degree preferred
Reporting to Jim Walker - Vice President, Product Marketing
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at email@example.com.