- New York
- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
- Software Engineering
Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. A few years later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 75+ in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, and more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year and helps them lead better lives, join us!
Codecademy’s Learner Experience Team is responsible for our user facing applications. Through our Learning Environment, we present the interactive coding environment and instructions for lessons, projects, and quizzes to most effectively teach our learners. We believe that education is the best way to improve a person’s life. Our team discovers the goals of learners and guides them to the right course material that will bring those objectives to fruition. We also organize how learners receive our supplemental content, like videos, articles, and code reviews - enabling them to have a truly fulfilling educational experience.
What you’ll do
- Implement the features and user interfaces of Codecademy products like the learner environment
- Architect efficient and reusable back-end systems that drive complex web applications
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver compelling products
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
What you’ll need
- You know your browser APIs and optimizing for frontend performance is a challenge you’ll gladly accept
- Experience with NoSQL (MongoDB) and SQL (Postgres) databases
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Go
- BS/MS in Computer Science or engineering is helpful, but not required
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of users with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.