- Bengaluru, IN
- Date Posted
- Jun. 7, 2021
- Business Development
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
The demand for Confluent Services is growing rapidly around the globe and we need talented, bright, and driven people to help meet those demands. If you have previous programming or architecting experience and can deliver training to technical audiences, we would love to talk with you.
This is a chance to work as a Partner Technical Trainer in a newly formed team, with high visibility and significant impact. The successful candidate is an experienced technical trainer/engineer, ideally with hands-on experience with Kafka/Confluent with in-depth knowledge of software architecture and messaging technologies.
In this role, you will deliver training content to developers, administrators, and architects at key partners to help grow and scale Confluent’s services organization. You will have an opportunity to combine a passion for teaching, with enthusiasm for technology, to drive learning and establish positive partner relationships. You will have excellent communication skills and proven technology training experience.
Based in India, you will be responsible for
- Deliver training courses that incorporate Confluent technology and mission
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Kafka and data-in-motion concepts and ability to translate this knowledge to Confluent Services
- Conduct training using a variety of instructional techniques and delivery methods, including classroom-based learning and virtual learning
- Strong understanding of Cloud and Distributed computing concepts and ability to translate this knowledge to Confluent Services
- Demonstrate a strong “stage presence” and ability to engage and manage a classroom.
- Self-sufficient, self-starter with proven success taking ownership of training projects.
- Conduct skills gap analyses to identify areas of improvement.
- Create an engaging learner experience in each training class with various training strategies.
- Work with key vendors and internal stakeholders to ensure accurate, effective training content.
- Assist in the development of a formalised Train-the-Trainer program (when required).
- Provide content and class feedback to course developers to raise bar on curriculum quality.
- Mentor and train internal instructors as part of a train the trainer program.
Ideally, you should possess
- 5+ years of experience in delivering business-focused & technology related training
- 3+ years demonstrated understanding of Messaging and Distributed computing concepts
- 2+ years of experience conducting classroom technical training
- Consulting background and/or experience implementing enterprise software projects from scoping to post-production expansion
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, able to distil complex subject matter to key points and communicate to multiple audiences effectively
- Highly developed relationship-building skills, and ability to impact change through influence
- Outstanding written, verbal, and presentation communication and negotiation skills
- Analytical mind and strong quantitative skills, capable of leveraging data to convey key insights
- Comfortable in rapidly changing environments
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.