- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Sep. 21, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
The team is searching for an experienced security engineer to join our infrastructure security team with a strong focus on identity and access management. This is a hands-on technical role where you would get the opportunity to partner with our IT team to build and deliver a secure identity access management solution globally across our multi-cloud infrastructure. You will partner closely with all engineering teams, IT administrators, site reliability team and compliance analysts to ensure that our IAM strategy is well defined and well executed. The ideal candidate will have the ability to proactively perform risk assessments, identify and remediate risk-prioritized security gaps in the IAM infrastructure/integrations, and be a trusted advisor to partner teams by providing technical security consultation and participating in the evaluation/selection of IAM tools and services.
We intend to be the world’s best, fastest, and most complete stream processing service built by an excellent team, all while having fun - come join us on the journey!
Who You Are
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
- Partner with our IT and site reliability teams to build a secure and robust identity management strategy experience across the organization by integrating applications, services and platforms that collectively form our cloud infrastructure.
- Research new threat attack vectors in the space of identity management solutions and work with partner teams to remediate identified gaps and vulnerabilities.
- Collaborate with our Detection & Response team to collect adequate telemetry, build abuse detection rules and automation for incident response.
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of tools, technologies and services necessary to enable and operate a secure IAM solution.
- Provide technical consultation to partner teams on topics related to identity and access management.
- Design and develop policies and processes around identity governance and access management for humans, platforms and services used across the organization.
What We’re Looking For
- Subject matter expertise in the area of identity and access management solutions, preferably in a cloud first environment.
- Deep understanding of authentication protocols such as SAML, OAuth, OIDC, OpenID, FIDO2.
- Familiarity with the lifecycle of Identity management (provisioning/deprovisioning), Identity access management techniques (Privileged identity management, just in time access, conditional access) and common cloud services for audits (AWS access analyzer, Azure access reviews, etc.)
- Be a strong technical partner to our IT and site reliability teams through clear communication, supporting execution of the overall IAM strategy across the organization.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.