- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Jun. 14, 2021
- Product Engineering
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
As a Product Manager at Confluent, you’ll contribute to the mission of building the world’s best event streaming platform. They will be passionate about working with internal customers and external cloud vendors for our large-scale infrastructure deployments to streamline spend and drive meaningful impact to our bottom line. In this role, the PM will work with a dedicated cost engineering team and prioritize the roadmap to drive operational efficiencies across the three clouds with a razor focus on margin improvement to help build a highly efficient cloud business. They will serve as the liaison between engineering, finance, bizdev and data science to drive cross-functional initiatives to track, streamline and optimize spend to improve margins. They will also work closely with BD to inform and support cloud provider negotiations with product growth and spend forecasts.
What you’ll do:
- As a Cloud Product Manager, you will be responsible for collaborating with engineering teams and our cloud vendors to analyze usage, forecast business growth, identify optimizations
- You will build a clear, prioritized roadmap to support our cost engineering teams with tracking, and assessing product-level costs and margins
- You will serve as the liaison for Data Science to design and deliver easy-to-use dashboards to track various aspects of cloud costs
- You will provide cost monitoring, recommendations, and advice to help maintain cloud infrastructure in optimal configuration from a budgetary perspective
- You are a problem solver who loves gathering information from various sources, analyzing and presenting your recommendations to technical teams, business partners, and management staff
- You feel comfortable working in a data-rich and dynamic environment, putting various pieces of the puzzle together to create a coherent picture
- This position will offer an exciting work environment, multi-functional exposure, and a chance to create an impact on Confluent’s infrastructure by driving analysis, processes, deployments, and cost optimization
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a software product manager, ideally working with cloud technologies and 6-8 years of experience overall in technical roles
- Focus on impact and a passion for driving operational efficiencies
- Ability to craft a product strategy and roadmap in concert with customers, engineering, design, and go-to-market teams
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to distill technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Strong technical competency, especially with distributed data systems, public and private clouds
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related technical field
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.