- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- May. 24, 2021
- Software Engineering
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role
We are looking for a smart, humble, and empathetic technical leader to drive the definition and evolution of several new initiatives in the stream processing and data connectivity space.
These initiatives are targeted at creating a seamless one-stop place for developers to get, store and process streaming data in real time. The products in this initiative will include data connectivity tools, real time data pipelines that transform and move data, and features to react to streaming data and take business actions. These products will cover the software stack, from focussing on building the most intuitive user interfaces to focussing on linux kernel and network level details for letting users run custom code in order to react to streaming data.
To be successful in this role you must have a strong sense of teamwork, put team and company interests first, and be excited about the many opportunities and challenges of a fast-paced, innovative, software startup environment!
What you’ll do
- Drive the definition and delivery of products and services in the data connectivity and stream processing space
- Lead the team and the product on aspects of product definition, architectural design, and delivery
- Design and implement new products and services that redefine real time data connectivity and processing
- Improve the performance, scalability, and elasticity of systems in this space
- Design solutions to improve the efficiency, reliability, and operability of our distributed, stateful, data processing systems in public clouds
- Build novel solutions to enable efficient and scalable connectivity to 100s of third party systems and services
- Build solutions to enable multi-tenant custom code execution in response to streaming data
- Deliver high impact to the business by driving important technical initiatives in areas comprising (but not limited to) operational improvements, stability, reliability, quality, developer productivity, architectural hygiene, and major component refactor across organizational boundaries
- Build and implement engineering quality standards, design principles, architectural maturity, resiliency and operational gold standards across Confluent
What we’re looking for
- 10+ years of experience in delivering scalable software solutions
- Experience building large scale production distributed systems for real time data processing
- Expertise in working on large private or public clouds
- Experience working on sandboxing technologies
- Track record of providing technical leadership and mentorship
- Proficiency in Java or another modern programming language
Additional desirable experience:
- Open-source development
- Using Apache Kafka
- Working with stream processing technologies
- Linux kernel internals
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.