- Date Posted
- Jun. 9, 2021
Cowboy is a Belgian startup that is developing innovative electric bikes for urban riders. Cowboy’s main goal is to improve urban mobility and take commuters to their destination in a more enjoyable, sustainable and efficient manner. Founded in 2017 by entrepreneurs Adrien Roose, Karim Slaoui and Tanguy Goretti, Cowboy is headquartered in Brussels, Belgium. Cowboy is the winner of the Eurobike 2017, the Red-Dot bicycle design award 2018 and the Red-Dot “Best of the Best” award for the Cowboy 2.
With traffic congestion plaguing metropolitan areas, electric bikes are proving to be the fastest means of transportation, beating cars and ground public transport. Cowboy’s vision is to elevate the daily commute to the next level in terms of speed, comfort and freedom of movement around the city. Cowboy enhances the riding experience by unifying intelligent technology, delightful design and meticulous customer service. In April 2019, Cowboy launched its third model, the Cowboy 3, where it is sold in 8 countries (Germany, France, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Austria, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom). In May 2021, Cowboy unveiled its fourth generation electric bike, the Cowboy 4.
In July 2020, Cowboy raised €23 Million from international investors (including Exor Seeds, the early stage investment arm of Exor, Isomer Capital, Future Positive Capital and Index Ventures) in the Series B round. Cowboy plans to recruit 30+ new talent in the next six months, scale operations, and expand its footprint across Europe through its Test Ride and Mobile Service networks.
We’re looking for a customer service oriented and cost-efficient international logistics and order management leader to join our supply chain team. The Sr. Associate for International Logistics and Order Management is responsible for international logistics movements from Asia to Europe, managing third-party freight forwarders/customs brokerage and assure on-time order management from our parts suppliers. In addition, they will execute strategic logistics and order management transformation initiatives to drive service improvements and cost optimization, in a collaborative way.
- Reporting to our VP Supply Chain, you will be responsible for the international logistics and
- Order management from our suppliers to our assembly operations.
What you’ll be doing
- Manage shipment pricing quotes, dispatching and shipment status for international inbound logistics from Asia and Europe with freight forwarder and parts suppliers
- Assure export/import documentation from suppliers is correct and properly managed
- Follow-up with parts and sub-assembly suppliers on open order shipments. Including order confirmations and dispatching through departures on requested ship dates with on-time arrival at Cowboy’s assemblers and sub-assemblers.
- Provide regular volume forecasts and future capacity requirements to parts suppliers, sub-assemblers, and freight forwarders
- Lead special projects including offshore shipment consolidation, etc.
- Assure overall process of purchase order receipt matching at destination with invoices, and other proof of receipts for suppliers, sub-assemblers and freight forwarders
- Monitor/report receipt shortages and damages with suppliers/assemblers
- Develop and manage regular KPIs with suppliers and freight forwarders
- Assure parts returns process between Cowboy, suppliers and assemblers
- Oversight of spare parts ordering and follow-up
- Own and assure the integrity of Master Data maintenance in applicable systems
Process and systems improvements:
- Define, prioritize, and manage continuous improvement initiatives in pursuit of logistics and order management efficiencies
- Create and monitor logistics and order management Key Performance Indicators and leads corrective actions on deviations as appropriate
- Build and ensure capability and leverages ability in logistics processes and best practices with execution across all businesses and functions globally.
- 10+ years of experience in International transportation (all modes), freight forwarders, customs, and order management with suppliers off-shore in Asia and Europe
- Deployed and managed related KPIs and performance management with QBR
- Goal-oriented with a consistent record of results in customer service, operational improvement, cost reduction, system, and supplier relationship management
- Experience leading change management initiatives in logistics/supply chain and order management with suppliers
- FMCG industry experience
- A competitive salary package.
- The opportunity to become one of the key employees of a fast-growing startup with open, respectful and fun company culture.
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution.
- Work with people who love what they do every day.