- Date Posted
- Jun. 1, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
Culture Amp is the world’s most trusted Employee Experience platform. Our mission is to create a better world of work for 100 million people by helping companies put their people and culture first.
We do this by bringing together pioneering people science and powerful technology. Over 3,000 companies like Airbnb, Slack, and the BBC trust Culture Amp to collect, understand and connect data throughout the employee experience. The insights help them truly understand their people and guide them on the best actions to drive positive behavior change and lasting impact. We live in a world where the ability to understand and influence culture at scale is no longer a ‘nice-to-have’ but a ‘necessary-to-survive’.
Join us in making the world better, by making a better world of work.
The Opportunity at Culture Amp
Culture Amp is a rapidly growing company empowering our customers to build Culture First companies. Our market-leading, category-defining Engagement product has been the engine of our success. In 2019 we added an award winning performance management solution to our portfolio. These two products together enable us to deliver highly differentiated, powerful and industry-leading capabilities to our customers.
- We are looking for a Tech Lead to work within our cross-functional Performance Camp, helping us to build a product that will inspire confidence and personal growth through performance management that is simple, delightful, and truly equitable
- What You Bring to Our Camp
Software Engineering at Culture Amp is an inclusive practice distributed across cross-functional, lightweight Agile teams, many of which are remote-friendly, and all of which embrace flexible work arrangements. You should enjoy being surrounded by talented engineers at all levels, learning from others, as well as playing an instrumental role in their development. To top it off, we hope you’ll share our passion for culture and changing the world of work for the better.
You will (the role)
- Actively grow the other engineers in your team,
- Deliver new features and refinements to Culture Amp’s most-used product,
- Devise and advance technical initiatives to improve our systems and codebases, and
- Share knowledge from your team across Product Group – blog posts, brown bags, whatever works.
You have (technical skills)
- Strong technical skills and experience in web application development, ideally aligned to our stack (Ruby/Rails and/or TypeScript/React),
- Experience working with designers and product owners to turn a feature spec into an engineering implementation plan,
- Experience designing a technical architecture vision and roadmap for the evolution of a large codebase, and
- A proven track record of end-to-end ownership of technical work: designing solutions and bringing others along in their implementation.
Please keep reading!
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Non average workplaces attract above average people
We consider ourselves anything but average and strive to make a home for different types of people from around the world to do their best work and have fun doing it. So we have created 4 “not your average” values that we live by, take a read, and if this sounds like the environment for you, please apply!
We are extremely proud of the Culture we have built, but don't just take our word for it, our Glassdoor reviews speak for themselves!
We are committed to not only making a better world of work, but also a better world. So we are proud to be recognised as a certified B-Corp.
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for “company results”, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and endeavour to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
- We ensure you have the tools you need to thrive both in and out of work.
- MacBooks for you to do your best work
- Share Options - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Excellent parental leave and in work support programme, - for those families to be
- Flexible working schedule - where we can, let’s make work, work for you
- Fun and inclusive digital, and (in the future) in-person events
- Most importantly. An opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.