- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Sep. 6, 2021
- Software Engineering
Curtsy was started by four high school friends who wanted an easier and more sustainable way to sell and shop for fashion. Despite our 10x growth over the last year, we’re still a fairly lean team.
We noticed that existing fashion resale apps were hard to use, filled with spam, and dominated by businesses — not real people. Curtsy is a sustainable alternative to fast fashion that helps women simplify their lives, switch up their style, and earn extra cash. We’re focused on Gen Z which is the most underserved demographic within the resale category.
We’ve doubled our business in the last few months and just recently broke the top 20 apps list for the shopping category in the App Store. We have hundreds of thousands of monthly active users, strong customer loyalty, and have grown 30% monthly for the last year.
We’re a Y Combinator company (S19) and recently closed our Series A led by Index Ventures with participation from CRV, Kevin Durant, and other top-tier angel investors.
About The Role
We’re hiring a Full Stack Growth Engineer to build and execute growth experiments to support Curtsy’s growth on mobile and web. Faster experimentation will allow us to unlock new growth channels and optimize our webapp, increasing conversion and SEO performance. As the first engineer on Curtsy’s growth team, you’ll oversee the entire lifecycle of experiments from the ideation and design phase through development and reporting.
As an early member of the team you’ll have extraordinary autonomy and ability to contribute across marketing and product efforts. If you have ambitions to start your own company one day or be a part of a scrappy, fast-growing team, we think you’ll be a great fit.
What You’ll Do:
- Build landing pages for buyers and sellers
- Build SEO-friendly landing pages and optimize SEO performance
- Build a progressive web app
- Optimize checkout experience on web
What You’ll Need:
- At least 2-3 years of experience bringing ideas to life through code
- Scrappy, done is better than perfect mentality
- Familiarity with our growth stack -- Python, SQL, Bigquery
- Growth marketing or previous consumer-focused experience is awesome but not required
- Familiarity with mobile measurement partners (MMPs) such as Appsflyer or Branch awesome but not required
- Swift / iOS and Kotlin / Android experience nice to have but not required
What You’ll Get:
- Tremendous equity upside from joining our early team
- Competitive base pay
- Unlimited PTO and a culture of working hard and actually taking time off
- Flexible work life, based in San Francisco when you want to come into the office
- Non-elective 401K contributions
Commitment to Diversity
We view empathy as a competitive advantage, which is why we value a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly encourage women, people of color, and other under-represented groups to apply. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.