- Haverhill, MA
- Date Posted
- Sep. 14, 2021
- Business Development
At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we’re building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives.
We are looking for a results driven Business Development Manager on a 6 to 12-month fixed term contract. This opportunity has potential to be extended based on performance and business needs.
- Map, prospect, pitch and close new restaurants across Birmingham in a very methodical and organised fashion - you’ll become a city level expert including knowing the up and coming restaurants
- Communicate (physical visits, emails, calls, social media) with restaurants to demonstrate Deliveroo technology
- Oversee the restaurant on-boarding process to ensure it is as quick, efficient and seamless as possible and to ensure restaurant success once they are up and running
- Sample food from a variety of high quality establishments
- Attend restaurant and food meet ups
- Be comfortable with targeting new business and have proven sales experience in a fast moving environment
- Have experience and confidence pitching things to people who are passionate about their product
- Have great communication skills whether it be face to face, through phone or email
- Be able to persuasively demonstrate product and industry knowledge to clients
- Be able to take ownership and work within demanding targets
- Have an interest in all things food and restaurants
- Be tenacious and self-motivated
- You must be located in or near Birmingham and have good local knowledge
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.