- Hong Kong
- Date Posted
- Sep. 1, 2021
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Finance & Strategy Associate
We’re looking for talented people to join our expanding Finance & Strategy Team. As the scale and complexity of Deliveroo grows every day, we need dynamic, entrepreneurial, analytical thinkers to support in optimising decision making and driving quick, profitable growth. This is a perfect opportunity to become part of a team responsible for driving the strategic direction of the business. As a trusted business partner throughout the business you will be maintaining financial discipline throughout the company’s expansion.
You’ll be part of the team responsible for providing analytical insight on which strategic initiatives to pursue and helping decide the best way to approach them, as well as calculating the impact of those decision on the P&L. You will work with stakeholders and key decision makers to manage data and model strategic initiatives to drive the long-term growth of the business. This role is perfect for someone who enjoys solving difficult problems, has strong analytical capability and can work closely with senior management.
The job will involve:
- Working with your line manager to model and review appropriate strategic initiatives and support delivery of the overall long-range plans
- Understanding and influencing the underlying drivers of performance to help drive the top and bottom line
- Supporting the wider business by working with them through business casing for various new initiatives and provide recommendations on optimum approach
- Providing proactive, insightful, high quality analysis to support decision making in the context of wider business implications
- Translate actions and initiatives into targets and long-range plans for the business
- Tracking the impact of initiatives to inform future strategic decisions for the business
- Involvement in budgeting, forecasting and monthly P&L reviews
- 2-4 years work experience in an analytical, strategic or financial role, ideally with at least 2 years professional experience in finance, investment banking, consulting, or start-up
- Detailed knowledge of P&L & complex financial modelling experience
- Advanced Excel skills, SQL also a nice to have
- Analytical and have a passion for detail and data crunching
- Clear communicator, with experience influencing senior stakeholders
- Comfortable working with individuals at all levels. You must be a team player and able to galvanise support from colleagues across departments
- Comfortable with ambiguity and excel at solving unstructured problems
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Work with people who LOVE what they do
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Gym subsidy
- Snacks and drinks provided (although not unlimited, you will never go thirsty or hungry)
- Friday lunches for the office. Did we mention how much we love food?
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.