- Date Posted
- Oct. 7, 2021
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges, and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
- We are looking for an Operations Strategy Associate to join our Strategy + Performance team to solve problems and implement solutions for key operational issues using data. The role is pivotal in solving complex problems to ensure we have the right number of riders where and when we need them throughout the day, helping drive efficiency for riders which in turn drives top-notch service to our restaurant partners and customers
- You will...
- Monitor and analyse operational performance of specific neighbourhoods and delivery zones, preparing for and presenting at performance review meetings with senior stakeholders
- Use analytics to improve our rider delivery network - identifying areas for improvement and owning innovative and data-driven solutions to improve operational performance in line with business priorities
- Partner with stakeholders from other departments to drive alignment with upcoming business priorities
- Take the lead on monitoring our delivery network in real time, and being the ‘go to’ person when it comes to live performance, event planning and service metrics
- Continuously identify opportunities for improvement - identifying, prioritising and managing projects to improve operational performance in line with business priorities
- Be part of a collaborative team which works across all parts of our rider proposition including strategy, engagement and support on key projects to help us achieve our 2021-2022 goals
Skills you’ll need…
- The ideal candidate is highly analytical with a strong set of organisational skills and a keen attention to detail. You’ll be able to think strategically and validate your assumptions with data. You enjoy thinking on your feet, using your initiative and executing at high speed. Once any process is in place you’ll seamlessly absorb it into your workflow
- You should also be:
- Resourceful, creative, and with a keen eye for leveraging data insights to help our team make more insightful business decisions.
- Proficient in using Excel. Experience with Macros, SQL and/or scripting (e.g. Python) preferred but not required -- you’ll have the opportunity to learn even more on the job.
- Able to analyze big data sets and think critically across different scenarios with the ability to make both tactical and strategic recommendations based on the situation at hand.
- Comfortable in applying data analytics and statistical principles to quickly identify issues and make in-the-moment decisions
- Motivated and driven to execute quickly and effectively. We move fast at Deliveroo and you’ll be comfortable with the same
- Inquisitive and curious to challenge the status quo in a fast-paced working environment
- Effective at communication skills to influence stakeholders within the team and across the organization both locally and globally
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Snacks and drinks provided (although not unlimited, you will never go thirsty or hungry)
- Friday lunches on us from the best local restaurants
- Additional leave days for years of service
- Meal allowance if you are required to work late
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.