- Minneapolis, MN
- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Open Source
We’re an early, well-funded team with a proven track record of shipping open source software with global adoption. We shape our tools, and our tools shape us. We believe deeply that the right tools and abstractions enable not just technological transformation, but also organizational transformation. We strive to put the user and their hard work at the center of our decision making. In practice, that means we are looking for engineers who want to write clean APIs and helpful error messages, and who always try to understand user needs when designing a new system. We put a premium on respectful, clear, and complete communication, and we expect each other to be creative, curious, effective, and empathetic.
All of our open source work is done publicly. You can gain context about how we collaborate as a team and the problems we work on by exploring our Phabricator instance and looking at our code reviews.
About the role
You are an engineer with experience designing, building, deploying and maintaining secure, scalable, and resilient multi-tenant distributed systems. You are familiar with the range of modern, cloud-native deployment options, including Kubernetes, managed Kubernetes offerings, and FaaS platforms. We’re looking for someone who will work collaboratively with the rest of the team to plan and execute on engineering projects.
- Architect and build distributed systems to support SaaS products
- Anticipate performance bottlenecks in our internal systems, engage in capacity planning and demand forecasting, and automate resource provisioning
- Build and deploy monitoring and alerting tools
- Solve difficult technical problems throughout the software stack and get projects over the finish line
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Demonstrated ability to tackle open-ended scaling and performance challenges
- Experience with building cloud-native distributed systems using Amazon Web Services
- Experience managing a Kubernetes cluster in production
- Strong technical communication skills, as well as experience with remote collaboration on large software projects
- Read about the launch of Dagster
- Read about our latest major release
- Listen to our episode on the Data Engineering Podcast
- Read about our philosophy on code reviews
Dagster is built in Python and TypeScript to work on macOS, Posix, and Windows. We use GraphQL, Apollo, and React to develop beautiful frontend tooling. We integrate with a wide range of databases, data warehouses, orchestration engines, compute substrates, and cloud services.
You belong here
We are committed to building an inclusive team and an open source community where no one feels out of place. We know that teams with diverse backgrounds state their assumptions more explicitly, think more rigorously, and build better software. Plus it’s more fun and interesting to work with a wide variety of perspectives.
You should apply to work at Elementl if you want to work in, and help to build and strengthen, a high-performing software development environment where people of all backgrounds are welcome.