- Date Posted
- Sep. 29, 2021
- Engineering QA
Are you motivated by a need for things to be correct, and relish an attention to detail that makes you a kind of tough pill to swallow? We love to see it, and we’d love to hear from you!
At Expel, we’re taking a new approach to managed security. We spend our time trying to discover ways to keep our customers safe and our security analysts happy. We’re trying to meet our customers where they are—understanding a vast number of attacker tactics, security vendor capabilities, and customer requirements. And while we are innovating and adapting quickly we strive to maintain high levels of quality and continue to deliver value to our customers, internal and external.
Here at Expel we have adopted a broad view of quality that puts the onus on our whole team to deliver a valuable product. We believe that shifting left doesn’t negate the need for a tester, but instead requires testers to plug into every part of the feature development process.
You would help our developers design tests that provide maximum coverage with minimum excess. While they’re passionate about solving engineering problems, we need you to make sure they’re solving our customer’s problem; and if you’re someone who knows that more tests isn’t nearly as important as the right tests, well you should definitely apply.
What Expel Can Do For You
- Get exposure to the information security space and security products
- Get experience with cloud-based infrastructure, continuous integration, and Docker
- Work with an experienced, highly capable team that learns from each other
What You Can Do For Expel
- Embed with development teams to help them mature their automated tests
- Help voice support for a test focused culture
- Analyze requirements and UX mocks for inconsistencies.
- Identify and execute on the need to test ad hoc changes
- Perform manual and exploratory tests with the goal of automation
What You Should Bring With You
- Experience with Ember
- Experience with TestCafe
- Skilled in API testing
- Understanding of object-oriented design principles
- Experience with different testing strategies
- A desire and ability to constantly learn and improve yourself and your work products
- The ability to communicate and work effectively with others
- Experience with JIRA or another ticketing system.
- Meaningful experience or credible panache
At Expel, our employee benefits reflect our commitment to our crew. Unlimited PTO, equity for everyone, work location flexibility, up to 24 weeks of parental leave, and excellent health benefits are some of the ways we care for our Expletives.
Our headquarters is in Herndon, Virginia. However, we realize that while there is a benefit to in-person interaction, good people don’t all live in Northern Virginia. Remote work is an option for this role, but we prefer candidates on the East coast.
We’re only hiring those authorized to work in the United States. We do not currently sponsor immigration visas.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer: You’ll receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We’ll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let us know if you need accommodation of any kind.