- Date Posted
- Jun. 21, 2021
You bring customers and service delivery together. You build and keep business, grow relationships, delight the customer, and your customers love it.
You can construct a deck of slides that advocates for action and shows the business benefit as well as the technical one. You can hear between the lines when clients talk, clarify where they want to go … and match it with how we help them get there. Your mission is to understand what “create space” means for each of our customers and help them, and us, achieve it... and love the results.
You’re a consultant, even if that’s not exactly your job title. Maybe you were at a Big 4, maybe a proserv line consultant or solutions architect at a product company. You’ve crafted a strategy for clients, and for your own company. A growth strategy (them: business goals, us: engagement and revenue).
You can connect with a wide range of people and abilities. You love analyzing something complicated and helping folks understand it, even if they have different backgrounds and goals. You think about the best way for people to hear you, what works for them, what they’ll be concerned about, how they’ll react and how you can use those things to make progress.
Do you find yourself frustrated with the status quo where you work today, or where you’ve worked in the past? Sweet. We need that customer perspective for our service delivery, product management, and engineering organizations. Here, you’ll find an opportunity to channel this energy into making our products and services better.
If you found yourself nodding as you read this, and yearning for a chance to make a difference across an industry… we believe you’ve just found it, and we’d love to hear from you!
What Expel Can Do For You
- Grow your skills in communicating with both executives and practitioners
- Connect you with customers who want to improve and need your help
- Arm you with tools and data to have meaningful conversations with customers
- Give you the opportunity to inspire change within Expel to deliver a service both you and your customers are proud of
- Expose you to security programs and customers in different industries and of varying sizes
- Give you experience with the category-leading security technology and team (go as deep as you want!)
What You Can Do For Expel
- Help customers understand how valuable Expel is today, and how valuable we could be in the future
- Help customers build business cases to implement meaningful change
- Earn our customers’ trust and expand it to other Expletives
- Build positive relationships with customers and represent them and their needs during every meeting and with every conversation
- Work directly with Product Management, Customer Success, and Operations to make sure we’re always working toward net retention
- Support sales by growing our relationships with current customers, and their peers they can introduce us to.
What You Should Bring With You
- A desire to understand and delight customers, discover problems to solve, inspire change and innovate - not just check off lists
- An understanding of the challenges security people face, and experience advocating for solutions to them
- Experience as a management consultant is a major plus
- Flexibility and an openness to new challenges because, hey, startup life
- A keen sense of humor and an appreciation for the 2x2
This role can be located anywhere in the U.S., or you can work at our headquarters in Herndon, VA. Most of the work is remote from our customers. Occasionally, you’ll visit them.
We’re only hiring those authorized to work in the United States. We do not currently sponsor immigration visas.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer: You’ll receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We’ll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let us know if you need accommodation of any kind.