- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
- Business Development
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re passionate about operational excellence, acting with our customers and partners always in our heart. Covering the entire order journey, we create our online content, secure payments and fraud process compliance, ensure order fulfilment and delivery, while providing customer and partner care. In a nutshell, we love to create seamless and memorable luxury experiences for our customers all around the world.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal’s vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you’ll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
The Consumer Payments team is looking for someone to manage the commercial relationships with our payment providers and manage a P&L which totals tens of millions of dollars. Reporting to the Head of Payments, you’ll work with over 20 partners globally to power our customers’ payments needs across our different departments and geographies. You’ll ensure we scale and improve our commercial conditions while finding revenue opportunities through the platform and services we provide.
What you’ll do
- You’ll develop a strategy for managing and scaling our commercial conditions with our 20+ payment service providers, managing our payments P&L.
- You’ll create a framework for how we evaluate, contract and negotiate with prospective providers.
- Work with teams like Legal, Finance Ops, IT Security and Treasury to bring new initiatives, and to create efficient workflows for money coming into our business.
- Develop relationships with our partners and within the industry to ensure we’re well positioned to handle the opportunities and threats that change may bring to our cost base, particularly in the card scheme area.
- Collaborate with the Payments & Fraud Analytics team to provide insight and identify opportunities, and with the Operations Strategy team as the business owner in central planning routines.
- Be the reference within the team and company on commercial topics relating to payments; providing expertise and leadership.
Who you are
- Experienced (6+ years) in commercial management, finance, consumer payments, or another relevant discipline.
- You’re a problem solver. You’re structured, organised and led by data.
- You can simplify complex subjects and problems for people throughout the organisation.
- You enjoy turning an idea into a business case or pitch, and a business case into something real.
- Someone that can thrive in a dynamic environment, and be comfortable to work with occasional ambiguity.
- Collaborative. You enjoy working with different kinds of people and different teams.
Rewards & perks
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
Equal opportunities statement
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
- You’ll lead the payments commercial strategy, and manage a P&L totalling tens of millions with 20+ partners across the globe.