- Date Posted
- May. 27, 2021
- Data Science
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re a Data team that does it all: big data engineering, machine learning, and deep-dive analytics and insight. We’re a diverse, global team who create Data solutions to provide an unrivalled customer experience. Whether it’s churning gigabytes of ecommerce data, using AI to recommend the latest trends, or understanding our customers better than anyone else, we use data to promote FARFETCH’s growth.
Our Lisbon office is located in Portugal’s cosmopolitan capital. Mostly the teams here are focused around Technology and Store of the Future. In this office, Farfetchers like to have catch ups in the ball pit or creative moments by the grand piano!
We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to join our team: we manage the end-to-end functioning of large-scale data products, using automation and Machine Learning to improve the loyalty of Private Client customers. You will report to the Data Science Manager and you will work with Data Scientists, Analysts, and other technical teams, both here in Lisbon and across our other locations, shaping the technical direction of a critically important part of Farfetch. Working with us, you will productionise and integrate data science solutions with the relevant internal business products or operational systems.
Who you are
- Experience implementing end-to-end data products with Data Engineering and Machine Learning components - from the system design to construction, deployment, orchestration and monitoring;
- Experience writing production quality code in Python 3, including, for example, dependency management and testing frameworks;
- Exposure to data processing frameworks such as Dataflow and Spark.
What you’ll do
- Help design the solutions that our team provides to the business;
- Work with technical partners to implement the end-to-end architecture;
- Surface the team’s output through the construction of ETLs, APIs and web interfaces;
- Work with the Data Scientists within the team to create production-quality Machine Learning solutions. Examples of models in production include different time series forecasting and optimisation techniques.
Rewards & benefits
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
Equal opportunities statement
FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
Work with Data Scientists, Analysts and other engineering teams within Data and the whole organisation to productionise and integrate data science solutions with the relevant internal business products or operational systems.