- Date Posted
- May. 27, 2021
- Design & UI
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re the customer experts and advocates. Our teams work on the end-to-end product lifecycle; from understanding the motivations and needs of our customers and partners, to designing and testing hypotheses, to creating industry-leading experiences for luxury shoppers, sellers and service providers. We set our Product vision and achieve our strategy in close partnership with teams across the business.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
A chance to join a global product design team who are empowering the luxury fashion industry, defining what luxury means for digital. This role is for an experienced designer with knowledge of working as a product designer within a diverse team. As a senior you are expected to have an knowledge of design methods and practices to help your team understand and make sense of their customers’ needs and behaviours. You will have deep technical knowledge of web or native UI and interaction design to ensure that the experience our customers have when using our products is consistent. As well as shaping and craft products and features with your product team, we want you to use your knowledge to help us systematically develop the capability and expertise across the entire design discipline. We want designers who can identify and share good practice across teams and will improve it. We look for designers who want to help raise up and develop those around them, and who can approach work with a clear intent and then afterwards to reflect upon the effectiveness. You can demonstrate the importance and value of shared, collaborative design systems and have experience contributing to and working with them. You can demonstrate credibility amongst your team, and the wider organisation You’ll specialise in web or mobile but have deep working experience of both, with a portfolio of examples which demonstrate your experience with end-to-end product design. You will report to the Head of Product Design.
What you’ll do
- You’ll work with your team to establish the problem space and desired customers outcomes
- You’ll help determine hierarchy of user needs for the design project, making sure that when customers use your product the experience is consistent with our brand
- You’ll help plan workshops to help align intent and understanding of business and customer goals, distilling and sharing this with other teams
- You’ll identify opportunities to create value for our customers, and defining the problem space to remove risk
- You’ll have experience working in partnership with engineering teams and ensuring any design specifications are understood by your team
- You’ll help the team discover potential design routes by going broad and wide, creating provocations and prototypes to help the team build better products and features for our customers
Who you are
- You have experience working within product teams, either as a designer or a product owner
- You can demonstrate the evidence-based approach that you’ve employed on previous projects
- You are regarded as an expert in designing products for web or native platforms
- You have a working knowledge of developing and working with full-stack design systems
- You have experience working within a platform business, Ecommerce or online retail
Rewards & benefits
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
Equal opportunities statement
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
- We’re responsible for creating engaging, beautiful products and services which help our customers express their love of fashion!