- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
We’re on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We’re empowered to break traditions and disrupt, with the freedom and autonomy to make a real impact for our customers all over the world.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal’s vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. We welcome new ideas and a large number of our people. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you’ll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
We are looking for an Infrastructure Database Engineer with a DevOps mindset obsessed about automation, scalability, performance and infrastructure reliability to join our database team. As part of this team, you will be responsible to guarantee database stability, performance and security. We maintain more than 700 VMs, divided into more than 50 clusters for SQL Server, Cassandra and MongoDB.
What you’ll do:
- Support all areas of the MongoDB environment, ensuring all databases run at optimal performance
- Work closely with the development team to plan new applications and maintain current ones
- Perform research into database performance issues and come up with solutions to address those concerns
- Owning, tracking and resolving database-related incidents and service requests within SLAs
- Perform auditing, monitoring, capacity management and security patching of our database
- Manage the security and disaster recovery aspects of databases and platforms.
Who you are:
- Graduated in Computer Science or another technical discipline, or related practical experience
- You have more than 4 years of experience in database development and production support in MongoDB
- Strong knowledge and experience in installing, configuring and upgrading MongoDB databases, as well as general administration
- You have good experience with schema design, query optimization, index tuning, backup solutions (Physical, Logical and Point-in-Time Recovery) You have experience with:Replica Sets (elections, read/write concerns, arbiters)
- Sharding (shard key, balancer, moving chunks, zoning shard with pre-split chunks, etc)
- Experienced with Cloud (GCP/AWS/Azure) and LinuxExperienced with the following technologies will be considered a plus:
- MongoDB with Kubernetes
- Cassandra, SQL Server, PostgreSQL
- Python, PowerShell, Bash, SaltStack
- Proficient in English - written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team player with the ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- We are looking for an Infrastructure Database Engineer with a DevOps mindset obsessed about automation, scalability, performance and infrastructure reliability to join our database team.