- Date Posted
- Sep. 2, 2021
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We’re empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal’s vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you’ll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
We are looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join our Data Platform Infrastructure (DPI) team within the larger Global Infrastructure organization. As a fast-growing tech public company, Data is a strategic pillar to our company. The Data Infrastructure team works very closely with the application engineers, data engineers, data scientists, security, infrastructure as well as other product and technology teams. As part of this team, you will be joining high-skilled engineers who are responsible for the automation, delivery, performance, resiliency, patching, upgrade and other research and development activities for critical data platform infrastructure like Databricks, Airflow, Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) and offer them as platform services to other technology teams.
What you’ll do
- Own research and development of new technologies within the data infrastructure domain.
- Guide and mentor younger engineers to achieve the best expression of themselves.
- Follow good practices about scale, performance, geo-distribution, multi-cloud, code maintenance, documentation etc. Keep Evolving, Keep Improving.
- Fully own what you build by supporting the colleagues on using and extending the automation and tools so that they can deliver faster, better, harder, stronger! You did it, you own it!
- Maintenance of all products within the Data Platform infrastructure responsibility.
- Work with stakeholders from data engineering and science teams and assist them with data-related technical issues
- On-call support for development teams that are using the platform
Who you are
- Passionate about data and cloud infrastructure and challenges at scale.
- A professional with solid technical background on data and cloud infrastructure working with multi-disciplinary engineering teams towards goal achievement.
- You have at least 8+ years of experience developing software at scale.
- You have at least 5+ years of experience in some of these technologies: Cloud, DevOps, Databases, Kubernetes, Airflow, Apache Spark, Kafka, Databricks, Data Platform, Python, Go, Terraform, etc..
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Not afraid of challenges. There are no “problems”, only a better challenge.
- You are proactive, you like to help others, “Team Player” is your Middle Name.
- You don’t want to learn, you need to learn.
Rewards & benefits
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
Equal opportunities statement
FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.