- Date Posted
- Jun. 20, 2021
- Product Engineering
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re a creative family, building copy, data and visual assets for each corner of the FARFETCH Ecommerce Platform. We are dedicated to providing gold standard imagery, content and production services for our partners and creating an engaging on-site experience for our customers.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
Reporting to the Senior FPS Linguistic Services Supervisor, you will manage the full project management cycle of an AI-based localisation project overseeing the post-editing process of machine translated content for a globally recognised luxury department store. You will work with a dedicated Chinese localisation team managing the delivery of high-quality product and creative content. Flexibility, a collaborative attitude and excellent organisation skills are very important for this new role. You will have some experience working in an environment which is fast-paced and deadline driven. Ideally this would have been within a translation project management role but a project manager with a passion to move their career into fashion and lifestyle will also be considered.
What you’ll do
- You will manage the successful delivery of an AI-based localisation language project, as the first point of contact for a dedicated Chinese localisation team
- You will be in charge of setting up, briefing and allocating projects through our different translation and production tools.
- You will collect all the necessary information to ensure the successful completion of all post-editing tasks and work closely with the Senior FPS Linguistic Services Supervisor to ensure the smooth production of localisation materials.
- You will provide support and direction on the quality management of the project managing all administrational tasks such as supporting the localisation team in building glossaries, as well as maintaining and managing translation memories.
- You will establish routines and standards with the team, including reporting, feedback and other quality checks
Who you are
- Native Mandarin speaker
- Fluent in English
- You have experience in digital work on an in-house CMS
- You have proven and up to date knowledge of translation memory, machine translation and translation management workflows/software
- You have good knowledge of the luxury fashion e-commerce landscape in China, its players and its consumers
- You have a collaborative working approach and exceptional people management skills
Rewards & benefits
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
Equal opportunities statement
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
- You will join a progressive Content Production team, delivering an innovative localisation project for a leading and globally recognised luxury department store.