- Date Posted
- May. 27, 2021
- Product Engineering
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re the customer experts and advocates. Our teams work on the end-to-end product lifecycle; from understanding the motivations and needs of our customers and partners, to designing and testing hypotheses, to creating industry-leading experiences for luxury shoppers, sellers and service providers. We set our Product vision and achieve our strategy in close partnership with teams across the business.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal’s vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you’ll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
As a Product Manager within the Consumer Product area, you will promote product strategy and definition by translating customer needs and goals into business and product requirements. Reporting to the Senior Group Product Manager, you will solve exciting ranking challenges (e.g. personalisation) that will positively affect Farfetch customers globally, including for household name partners such as Harrods and Chanel.
What you’ll do
- Use data to help define and prioritise improvements that bring the biggest impact to customers and the business
- Work across a range of disciplines to help achieve the long-term vision for your Product e.g. data science, engineering, architecture, analytics and experimentation, commercial and wider Consumer Product community
- Product manage 2 development teams comprising of data scientists and engineers and participate in all applicable Agile ceremonies
- Connect the dots between the technical and business worlds whilst keeping the customer at the heart of everything
- Oversee a suite of high profile products that fulfil a crucial part of the customer journey
Who you are
- Technical - experience working with data scientists on ranking or recommendations models (personalisation experience beneficial) and engineering on scalability challenges
- Thought Leader - with the experience to inspire both your direct team members and important partners about the ranking domain
- Analytical - with the rigour to understand and challenge AB test findings and data science models
- Customer Obsessed - experienced identifying and addressing customer problems, with a desire to gain an understanding of the needs of the luxury fashion customer
- Energetic & Resilient - displays an enthusiasm to grab something and find a way forward even with obstacles in your path
- Proficient in both written and spoken English and comfortable presenting to multiple audiences
Rewards & benefits
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
Equal opportunities statement
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
- Excited to solve product ranking problems for customers all around the globe? Come work with our talented team of data scientists, engineers, analysts and product peers to help revolutionise the luxury fashion industry together