- Date Posted
- Sep. 10, 2021
- Product Management
Disruptive, unexpected and revolutionary in our own way... Browns changed the course of retail and fashion history forever when it opened in 1970. Born in London but celebrated globally, we’re the one-stop-shop for the best luxury fashion including established designers and emerging talent; renowned for our influence in fashion and style, and our innovative approach to retail and high-level service. Powered by Farfetch, we continue to disrupt the retail landscape to deliver a global luxury shopping experience of the future, championing creativity and originality.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Together we are here to make a difference and to spread kindness. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone.
We’re a creative team inclusive of Social Media, Editorial, Communications and Brand streams. We are focused on putting Browns on the map by curating and cultivating unique brand experiences in Browns distinct tone of voice. We are passionate about developing an inclusive community through the love of fashion, music, art, culture, food and beyond, to truly inspire and amaze our customers.
Our London Head Office is based in Old Street, London’s tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Ecommerce, Tech & Product, Brand Engagement, Buying, Merchandising and People more. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideals, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
Reporting to the Brand Engagement Director you will lead the external communications effectively communicating the Browns brand message on a global scale while building media, industry and partner relationships. The role of the Senior Communications Manager is to shape an innovative communications and PR strategy that amplifies the Browns narrative through brand and people storytelling and placements ensuring to influence and enhance public perception of the company.
What you’ll do
- You will provide strategic and tactical support to the Brand Engagement Director ensuring to deliver communications that inspires narrative around our people, culture, community and product, formulating engaging ways to tell the Browns story.
- You will lead on the development and execution of the Browns communications and PR strategy, outreaching and pitching to global target media to maximise coverage and sell-in news and feature stories and hosting appointments with senior press both locally and internationally to assist in doing so.
- You will work collaboratively with the Brand Marketing, Editorial and Social Media streams and wider business functions, including liaison with senior members from Buying, E-commerce, Product, Customer Experience and more, to develop and deliver 360 multichannel campaign and media moments, ensuring inter-departmental alignment and advising on PR content needs.
- You will be a key support to all brand spokespeople identifying strategic opportunities and placement ideas and showcasing the knowledge, and skills needed to brief, influence and advice on all matters of communication. This includes working with Internal Communications to ensure all brand and people communications are aligned.
- You will work to compile written responses for feature and news placements and write and edit press releases, bios and fact sheets ensuring all written material shared by the communications team remains on-brand and in the Browns tone of voice. Working collaboratively with the Brand Engagement Director for approval.
- You will advise and mentor your team which includes a menswear and womenswear stream offering guidance to ensure they accomplish the production of engaging media outreach campaigns, delivering strong and focused results for projects, product launches and brand moments.
- You will work with Visual Experience, Customer Experience and Brand Marketing streams to accomplish on-brand physical and digital events that engage media and new audiences, being a brand ambassador at our events.
- You will plan and manage the annual communications budget alongside the Brand Engagement Director, developing metrics and reporting on ROI to ensure goals and targets are met.
Who you are
- You can cultivate strong and meaningful relationships with connections to key men’s, women’s and lifestyle global trade and consumer press.
- You have a wealth of experience in luxury fashion and retail communications and can navigate a multichannel landscape with experience formulating and building PR strategy that provide commercial success.
- You have an established network of contacts and desire to engage with the industry allowing you to keep on the pulse of market trends providing clear opinions and advice on the changing media and competitor landscape.
- You have a global mindset and builds intelligence in international markets, placing value in understanding cultural nuance and allowing you to adapt communications with an empathetic approach.
- You look at opportunities beyond your immediate sphere of influence looking for ways to further enhance compelling brand narratives, ensuring positive brand sentiment.
Rewards & benefits
- Equity within the Farfetch group and annual bonus/or commission.
- 33 day holidays per year plus holiday trading.
- Flexible benefits - Private Insurance, Dental Insurance, Season Ticket Loan, Employee Saving’s Isa’s, ClassPass and more
- Discount of 50% off at Browns
- Life Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance & Pension Scheme.
- Flexible working environment and more!
Equal opportunities statement
- Browns Fashion is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applications are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no application experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships, and communities.
- Browns Fashion are looking for a Senior Communications Manager (9 Month FTC).