- Date Posted
- Aug. 16, 2021
- Product Management
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re a creative family, building copy, data and visual assets for each corner of the FARFETCH Ecommerce Platform. We are dedicated to providing gold standard imagery, content and production services for our partners and creating an engaging on-site experience for our customers.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal’s vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you’ll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
You will be part of the Product Catalogue Management (PCM) team and will report directly to the Head of the department. Our team maximizes catalogue availability, by reducing points of failure in the product creation process and working closely with tech to develop scalable solutions. This is a manager of managers, overseeing 3 main verticals: Catalogue Monitoring, Pricing Management and Product Availability. With this in mind, you will be focused in 3 main areas: Performance management: you will ensure the team has the right processes and routines in place to ensure that all our goals are achieved and that deviations to targets are detected and corrected; Automation: you will work closely with Catalogue Development to ensure that all our requirements are captured and are being addressed by product managers and tech teams; Team management: you will lead by example and develop a team of more than 30 people, ensuring that our goals are obtained in a collaborative manner.
What you’ll do
- Lead and develop a team of more than 30 people, with 5 team leads
- Review existing processes and routines, optimizing them to support double digit growth in catalogue volumes
- Explore and determine which projects the team should prioritise, setting a timeline to reach those goals quickly
- Convince stakeholders to support your initiatives, by building robust business cases, supported by strong analytics and storytelling
- Ensure the right mechanisms are in place to track performance and achieve the team´s targets
- Work with client-facing teams to understand the catalogue needs of the platform partners, defining action plans to tackle them
- Proactively find areas for improvement, setting up a culture of excellence and progress within your team
- Deep dive relentlessly to understand and eliminate the root cause of issues negatively affecting performance or partner experience
Who you are
- You have 7+ years experience, with at least 2 of those in a leadership position
- Comfortable in making decisions with uncertainty in a fast-moving environment
- You have experience in achieving business targets and meeting deadlines
- You have an university degree, preferable in physical sciences, math’s, economics or engineering; MBA is a plus
- You have demonstrated the ability to manage multiple cross-functional projects simultaneously, and are an experienced project manager, preferable on a consulting or tech company
- You are confident working at senior levels, with excellent engagement, verbal, and written communication skills both in Portuguese and English
- An understanding of online fashion and luxury is a bonus
Rewards & benefits
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
Equal opportunities statement
FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
You will be part of the Product Catalogue Management (PCM) team and will report directly to the Head of the department. Our team maximizes catalogue availability, by reducing points of failure in the product creation process and working closely with tech to develop scalable solutions.