- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Sep. 27, 2021
- Software Engineering
Build the world’s fastest Identity and Checkout products
Our mission is to make buying online faster, safer and easier for everyone. Fast Login and Fast Checkout enable a one-click sign-in and purchasing experience that makes it easier for people to buy and merchants to sell. The company’s products work on any browser, device or platform to deliver a consistent, stress-free purchasing experience. Fast is entirely consumer-focused and invests heavily in its users’ privacy and data security. Headquartered in San Francisco but open to a globally remote workforce, we are a founders-led, privately held company funded by Stripe, Index Ventures, Susa Ventures and other world-class investors.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and demonstrate our values through equitable pay, fantastic benefits, and access to all reasonable accommodations.
Identity is at the heart of Fast, and we’re looking for smart, collaborative engineers to come build the future of online identity with us. On the Identity & Access Management team you’d be working on everything from building out new forms of passwordless authentication, to designing extensible access management systems that will scale for both consumer and enterprise use cases. This work spans the core authentication and authorization infrastructure for Fast, as well as playing a key role in designing the future of our Identity as a Service product. We’re on a mission to make online identity management both frictionless and secure, and we’d love for you to join us!
- If you...
- Are excited to join our #fluffstronauts slack channel (all the pets!)
- Hate passwords and want them gone- forever
- Maybe, at some point, want to lead a weekly Zoom exercise class (we’ve had bellydancing, mixology, and breakdancing!)
- Then Fast might be for you!
- The ideal candidate may not have everything on our wish list, but will have the curiosity, drive, and enthusiasm to grow and excel
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other engineers to help define the future of Fast’s Identity as a Service product and the details of how we bring that to life
- Work with other backend engineering teams to understand their needs from our authentication and authorization services, and build scalable, performant solutions
- Help to define health metrics and invest in technical work to ensure our services are stable and secure as we scale
- Experience leading technical architecture discussions, identifying and evaluating trade-offs between different solutions, and driving technical decisions
- Strong communication skills
- Experience writing clear, testable code with an eye towards maintainability and scale
- 5+ years of experience working as a backend engineer (but what you learned and how you grew is more important than an exact number of years)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or experience
Nice to Have
- Experience in the Identity & Access Management space
- Experience working in Golang or with NoSQL databases
- Experience working with large distributed systems
- Benefits and Perks- Because People Matter
- Comprehensive insurance (paid 99% by the company) with no deductible, and 10 dollar copays
- Globally remote with flexible work schedules to fit your needs
- Generous parental/family leave for all caregivers- available at any time within 12 months after the new family member joins you
- 401k with match up to 4%
- People-focused PTO that you determine- time off is there when you want it, when you need it
- Frequent inclusive events scheduled to allow everyone to express their voice (or dance skills)
- Monthly exercise and internet stipends---and snacks